• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a España: Stage 2: Pamplona → Viana (181.4km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Btw, i noticed that AC stated giving interviews in english again, and he has improved quite a bit since joining Riis. It's nice to see, and will probably improve his relations with the saxons :p

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Good luck to all the competitors. This years Vuelta should be epic.
With the high volume of uphill finishes, I predict a high volume of race leaders.

How many times will the Leader's Jersey changes hands? 3, 4, 8......

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
Good luck to all the competitors. This years Vuelta should be epic.
With the high volume of uphill finishes, I predict a high volume of race leaders.

How many times will the Leader's Jersey changes hands? 3, 4, 8......

When Contador takes it it won't change anymore :D

I'm not being a fanboy, once he has the leaders jersey in a GT he just never lost it.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
When Contador takes it it won't change anymore :D

I'm not being a fanboy, once he has the leaders jersey in a GT he just never lost it.

I think you will find the one who takes it and tries to hold it early will lose in the end. This is more a race of attrition than any I've seen in the past. I do not discount Alberto, but he will pick the time and place, and I predict it will not be early.

Ney the Viking said:
Btw, i noticed that AC stated giving interviews in english again, and he has improved quite a bit since joining Riis. It's nice to see, and will probably improve his relations with the saxons :p
He probably figured that, no matter how bad he thought his English was, it would be much better than Vidarte's (his press officer).

BillytheKid said:
I think you will find the one who takes it and tries to hold it early will lose in the end. This is more a race of attrition than any I've seen in the past. I do not discount Alberto, but he will pick the time and place, and I predict it will not be early.

Meh, if he goes for the stage win tomorrow (which I don't think he will) he might get it but that doesn't mean he has to defend it till the end, it's okay to lose it and then take it again later on.

Ney the Viking said:

His Twitter updates are always both in spanish and english and he has really improved in the latter.

(His spanish is still useless though)... :p

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
cineteq said:
I'm under the impression it's Fran (his brother) who is behind Alberto's tweets.

Probably, although some are impossible to be his based on some pictures we see in his tweets (like a picture in the saxo bus)

He prob gets help with the translation though.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
He obviously doesn't write his own English tweets. He probably has someone around him that speaks decent English when he's out training or doing whatever I know.

TRENDING THREADS