• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Critérium du Dauphiné, Stage 7: Le Pont-de-Claix Superdévoluy 187.5 km

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I get the struggling with allergies thing..

Today I did a bike ride. Right now my eyes are watering every 3 seconds and my nose is letting go all the stuff that's in there... ****ing pollen allergie.

There are medications but with days like today there is really nothing that helps. Riders suffering from this allergy are certainly a few % off their best

Today when I went to work pollen were flying around like it was snowing. Thankfully in the end of June when Tour starts it should be all over and hopefully we can see Taaramäe and others who are stuggling now, in good form.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I get the struggling with allergies thing..

Today I did a bike ride. Right now my eyes are watering every 3 seconds and my nose is letting go all the stuff that's in there... ****ing pollen allergie.

There are medications but with days like today there is really nothing that helps. Riders suffering from this allergy are certainly a few % off their best

Imagine that feeling with contacts on :(

Excuse is legit, got it 2 days ago, and i'm assuming the things that can help cyclists a bit with it are probably not allowed.

Gratz to Samu for the great win, but this is the MAN OF THE DAY

Cycling__65th_Crite_934957g.jpg

He's sharp, he's good looking, he's got the perfect podium face, and he's perfect for television, he's got style.
This is the next Tour champion cycling was looking for.

3232854-jakob-fuglsang.jpg

You're sexy and you know it.

well, all the jokes are welcomed on fuglsang, i like them.
but i always said he really has a huge potential even if he acts like a diva sometimes. if he can torture himself in training like this year i wouldn't be surprised to see jakob on the step of a grand tour podium these years.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
One day Froome is going to crash, eighter he will hit the wheel of his frontman on a climb or on a descent but fore sure it's going to happen. His powermeter reading rate is incredibly high. Also stares down much longer than anybody else.

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Samson said:
He's struggling with allergies but is happy that things are improving according to his blog. Considering how early he got dropped he finished in pretty decent position. Top 10 still possible but his main target tomorrow is to help Navarro finish on the podium.

Finishing in a "pretty decent position" shouldn't be his aim anymore, not in Dauphine. Yeah, he has allergies, but he also said that he just didn't have the legs. Hope something drastically improves or we will have 2012 all over again when he gets one Tour MTF top 6 and then can't do anything for the rest of the year.

Alpechraxler said:
One day Froome is going to crash, either he will hit the wheel of his frontman on a climb or on a descent but fore sure it's going to happen. His powermeter reading rate is incredibly high. Also stares down much longer than anybody else.

I don't think it is just power-meter reading. It has become a habit for him to look down for about 1/3 of the time. I have no idea why, but it has to be more than just checking his numbers. It could bring him unstuck, but he seems to make it work somehow.

He certainly has the ugliest position and style I've ever seen in the pro ranks, though.

winkybiker said:
I don't think it is just power-meter reading. It has become a habit for him to look down for about 1/3 of the time. I have no idea why, but it has to be more than just checking his numbers. It could bring him unstuck, but he seems to make it work somehow.

He certainly has the ugliest position and style I've ever seen in the pro ranks, though.

reminds me of a praying mantis (god these creatures are so ****ing scary)

60.jpg

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
LaFleur said:
Finishing in a "pretty decent position" shouldn't be his aim anymore, not in Dauphine. Yeah, he has allergies, but he also said that he just didn't have the legs. Hope something drastically improves or we will have 2012 all over again when he gets one Tour MTF top 6 and then can't do anything for the rest of the year.

Why is that? Cause he's multible grand tour winner and world champion? I think some people are expecting too much from him sometimes. Bit like Gesink.

Considering his unluck from last two seasons I think top 10 in Dauphine is pretty alright and encouraging for the tour.

And he doesn't have legs cause of allergies.

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Before the sprint I actually thought fugslang might gift Samu the victory in rerun for working so hard to help give such a big gap in order to help him get a podium as he's now only 30s down on Roger

Regardless very happy for Sanchez, best stage so far imo

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Samson said:
Why is that? Cause he's multible grand tour winner and world champion? I think some people are expecting too much from him sometimes. Bit like Gesink.

Considering his unluck from last two seasons I think top 10 in Dauphine is pretty alright and encouraging for the tour.

And he doesn't have legs cause of allergies.

Well he definitely talks like he is one.

winkybiker said:

My theory is that because he's so tall, he lowers his head so often in order to stay a tiny bit more sheltered in the wheels. His arms are incredibly long and completely out of proportion so he's always going to look horribly ungainly on the bike. It's very much Beauty versus the Beast when it comes to him and Contador.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I couldn't watch. But... WHAT THE ACTUAL ****.

Stef Clement!?!?!? Can anybody explain to me? How did he get there? By own strength? :eek:

The funniest part is it looked like he was the one dragging the Rogers/Froome group to close the gap on Porte after Contador peeled off.

16 guys quit along the route yesterday. Im guessing quite a few of those got dropped on the Alpe and with Sky keeping the power high through the valley, were going to have chase a long way through the valley and didnt fancy it. Nacer Bouhanni and a team-mate finished 45 minutes down so maybe they kept chasing alone? Im guessing this could be Bouhanni's last race in the french national champs jersey so maybe that gave him extra motivation. Sky's David Lopez finished 34 minutes down.

Just out of interest, does anyone know what time they did up the Alpe? Obviously they dont go full pelt like they would do if it was a finishing climb but was just wondering?