• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Criterium International

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
serfla said:
Froomey's style is just awful....

He's shown a new quality, as well. Today's attack differs from those we've seen so far this season.

I think he has a kind of neat rhythm (much, much better than Dan Martin's for sure, and I'm a fan of Martin). Hinault didn't look that great to me on a bike.

+1 Yes, different rider now. Vast difference to attack from 5km out like today and drafting and then jumping for a brief win at the end (e.g. vs. Cobo in the Vuelta).

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
I think he has a kind of neat rhythm (much, much better than Dan Martin's for sure, and I'm a fan of Martin). Hinault didn't look that great to me on a bike.
Speaking of his style, I have impression that he wastes a lot of energy besides that it looks awful.
It, certainly, works for him, but could be even more efficient if it's smoother.

maxmartin said:
Ask Peraud to work with him, Peraud said NO. Froom said " f..k you, I am gone. I don't need you any way, just want to use you as a disguise in the first place":D

Great moment:) Froome is still bit too gentlemanly for his own good. Maybe doesn't believe in himself enough yet and a little niave at times? A true champ would have just rode staight past them. Hopefully he won't waste time again chuntering with Contador.

jens_attacks said:
i wonder what did he say to peraud?

and i think we got an answer today if he could catch valverde last year on peyragudes. oh boy he really can sustain an attack

From a French journalist:

Péraud : « I told Froome that I couldn't take a relay at this moment, and he told me : Ok, well, you'll never take a relay. Good bye »

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
JRanton said:
From a French journalist:

Péraud : « I told Froome that I couldn't take a relay at this moment, and he told me : Ok, well, you'll never take a relay. Good bye »

What kind of muppet admits to an opponent that he is on the edge?

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
It's not necessarily a dumb thing to say... Voeckler does it all the time. And then attacks off your wheel ;)

Its not a dumb thing to say when u are lying, but dont say it if its true :D