• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Doping Poll

Who had a team doping program in 2013

• ALL OF THEM ARE DOPING A LOT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
As it's off season...

Multiple options poll. What teams had a team controlled doping program in 2013 ? Excluding dumb lonely dopers :) Even if they had a team controlled doping program for a few selected riders, still counts as team doping program.

8 teams plus All/None options

If other teams not on the list you can post :D

I think Sky and Movistar are the most obvious candidates for actual team-wide doping. While Katusha certainly seems to have a cadre of riders who dope together(ish), that strikes me as a more independent thing. Katusha, Astana and the others make me think of mid-00s Phonak, where it was pretty much every man for himself.

hrotha said:
I think Sky and Movistar are the most obvious candidates for actual team-wide doping. While Katusha certainly seems to have a cadre of riders who dope together(ish), that strikes me as a more independent thing. Katusha, Astana and the others make me think of mid-00s Phonak, where it was pretty much every man for himself.
With Sky I highly doubt it's team-wide, surely they'd have more than 2-3 riders performing if that were the case.

After the Armstrong case, teams understand that they have to try and minimize risk by letting as few people as possible know about the scam. The only team right now which I think openly dopes the majority of its riders is Katusha with their 7 or so doping doctors.

maltiv said:
With Sky I highly doubt it's team-wide, surely they'd have more than 2-3 riders performing if that were the case.

After the Armstrong case, teams understand that they have to try and minimize risk by letting as few people as possible know about the scam. The only team right now which I think openly dopes the majority of its riders is Katusha with their 7 or so doping doctors.
When I say "team-wide" I never ever mean it literally. There's always an inner circle.

What I mean is I think it's orchestrated by the team's higher-ups.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
hrotha said:
When I say "team-wide" I never ever mean it literally. There's always an inner circle.

What I mean is I think it's orchestrated by the team's higher-ups.

Dont most teams have a shady doctor or two on the payroll? Its hard to know if they are doping the riders or if they are there just to make sure there are no positives I guess.

BigMac said:
For the people who answer ''All of them dope'' i honestlty wonder why they watch cycling. Or maybe they don't, that is just that.
Maybe they can take enjoyment from watching while still knowing what the riders have to do to carry out those performances. Why does understanding that the riders probably have to dope automatically exclude any enjoyment in the sport? :confused:

It's disappointing knowing what the top riders do, sure. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy watching it does it? Or is that not allowed :rolleyes:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
BigMac said:
For the people who answer ''All of them dope'' i honestlty wonder why they watch cycling. Or maybe they don't, that is just that.

I feel sorry for those people...(we know where that is going) :D

With cycling's history it's perfectly understandable to think they all dope. But thinking that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a good performance. We all know Pantani doped, but who doesn't feel excited or can't enjoy watching a replay of him solo to the win on Alpe d'Huez?

IndianCyclist said:
Movistar
Katusha
Europcar-this option was missed.
Astana
BMC

If I put the them in most likely order

Radioshack (have they thrown off Brunyeels influence)
Astana and Katusha (both top men involved in doping)
Saxo (Riis suspect but slightly less suspect than above two, arguable though)
Movistar (valverde influence)
BMC (the och, employ soigneur mentioned in reasoned decision)
Then QS (dodgy doctor)

Not that any of them are necessarily doping, but that would be the ones with the most questionmarks against them.

del1962 said:
If I put the them in most likely order

Radioshack (have they thrown off Brunyeels influence)
Astana and Katusha (both top men involved in doping)
Saxo (Riis suspect but slightly less suspect than above two, arguable though)
Movistar (valverde influence)
BMC (the och, employ soigneur mentioned in reasoned decision)
Then QS (dodgy doctor)

Not that any of them are necessarily doping, but that would be the ones with the most questionmarks against them.

Not even a mention of Team SKY lol :rolleyes:

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
del1962 said:
I am just giving most likely from the characters they employ and the teams histories, so Team Sky just don't feature like those mentioned by that criteria

Would you say team sky had a doping program in 2012 then? you know since they had so many dodgy characters on the team then.

the sceptic said:
Would you say team sky had a doping program in 2012 then? you know since they had so many dodgy characters on the team then.

I put my thoughts out on what I see, characters involved etc, on that I make my judgement on who is more and less suspicious, and in my opinion most teams ring many more alarm bells than Sky

TRENDING THREADS