• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia Astana train vs. Sky Train

Astana vs. Sky

• Sky

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Astana's advantage is that Sky most certainly will do all the work on the flat and the early climbs. Thus Astana will probably have more domestiques in the final than Sky will have. However, Henao is probably worth more than the 3 best domestiques from Astana...

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Pippo_San said:
Yep without Brajko Nibbles won't even end in the top 5.
Game over.

i wonder why not put birdsong and brajko to help nibbles? It's not like birdsong will be able to be top 5 in TDF anyway. He is lucky if he can get top 10

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Jelantik said:
i wonder why not put birdsong and brajko to help nibbles? It's not like birdsong will be able to be top 5 in TDF anyway. He is lucky if he can get top 10

Is birdsong Fuglsang?, if it is I cant wait for the big fail I want even put him above Braijkoic and that say's a lot lol.

Birdsong and Brajko are not better domestiques than Agnoli and Vanotti. They're better riders, yes, but doesn't necessarily translates to being a better domestique. Add that they're clearly out of shape, unhealthy in Brajko's case, probably not completely committed to helping Nibbles anyway.

And it's not like you need a train to beat Sky's train. It's unbeatable. Different strategies are required. I'm perfectly happy with Tira and Kessi, I'm sure both will prove very helpful for the aggressive tactics Astana will need to derail the train.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Jelantik said:

They're sending Jakob to the Tour as leader instead of domestique at the Giro, to shut him up already. They're also sending Guardini for the sprints in the Tour, so that should tell you how much faith Astana has in him to deliver on his promises. ;)

everyone knows that astana will have only one leader in july

317092_564229160272901_1450173441_n.jpg

it's not the kangaroo

TRENDING THREADS