• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro d'Italia, Stage 6: Mola Di Bari - Margherita Di Savoia

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Lame people are complaining about the peloton waiting: it was the annivesary of Weylandt death, that was on the riders mind and it was a sprint stage and GC contenders stuck behind. It's called sportsmanship, it doesn't always happen, but it's good that it happened on a day like yesterday.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
Lame people are complaining about the peloton waiting: it was the annivesary of Weylandt death, that was on the riders mind and it was a sprint stage and GC contenders stuck behind. It's called sportsmanship, it doesn't always happen, but it's good that it happened on a day like yesterday.

moraalridder.jpg

JimmyFingers said:

Yep, really quite difficult to explain those opinions without concluding they're coloured by who was involved.

This was a completely irrelevant GC stage where you can't make a single argument for pushing on other than deliberately capitalising on misfortune which has nothing to do with racing. Teams don't attack punctures happening away from the finish on flat irrelevant stages, and it would be a very poor thing if they did.

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Bouhanni should better concentrate his powers on the part of the journey before the finishing line (e.g. get some positioning skills), not on theatralic fist-clinching after getting beaten again. I see here too much aggressiveness, too little race intelligence. Not my type of rider at all.

And the headbutting. He's looking like a petulent little schoolboy who can't sit through a lesson without tharshing around. Grow up.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Yep, really quite difficult to explain those opinions without concluding they're coloured by who was involved.

This was a completely irrelevant GC stage where you can't make a single argument for pushing on other than deliberately capitalising on misfortune which has nothing to do with racing. Teams don't attack punctures happening away from the finish on flat irrelevant stages, and it would be a very poor thing if they did.

From Cameron Wurf's blog:

So now I am up front inside 30km to go champing at the bit to crank up the tempo a little and behind is a big crash. Immediately our green machine locomotive Fabio Sabatini came up and pulled me off and told the other teams to stop riding, its not a situation you use to your advantage as it will certainly come back and bite you on the **** one day when you have a troubled moment in the race. For the next 10km it was a bit of a stale mate as around 140 riders found there way back to front.

140 riders stuck behind, including Nibali, so posters trying to colour it as Sky getting special treatment is frankly laughable anyway.

cineteq said:
I can understand your point fanboy. I'm not banned because everybody knows Greipel is the best sprinter in the market today. He'll show it in the TdF. In the meantime, enjoy it while you can.

First rule of trolling - you have to make people think that you really believe what you're saying and that it's a, even only slightly, believable stand point. Frankly, you, of all people, should know this.

May 8, 2013
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
From Cameron Wurf's blog:

140 riders stuck behind, including Nibali, so posters trying to colour it as Sky getting special treatment is frankly laughable anyway.

Desperation for Sky to fuel their irrational hatred

TRENDING THREADS