2013 Giro d'Italia, Stage 6: Mola Di Bari - Margherita Di Savoia

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bouhanni should better concentrate his powers on the part of the journey before the finishing line (e.g. get some positioning skills), not on theatralic fist-clinching after getting beaten again. I see here too much aggressiveness, too little race intelligence. Not my type of rider at all.

Mar 9, 2013
T-Nielsen said:
Sky created the crash as they attacked and they knew it but why let facts get in way of the skyshippers. ;)
This was completely different Wiggins had a mechanical and as he was joining back on their was a massive crash infront of him, Sky rode fast through echelons in the Vuelta, did Sky make Movistar crash:rolleyes: and i am sure Katusha pushed on aswell as Sky.

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Classy move by Cavendish on the pod

Bouhanni was catching up pretty nicely from where he was initially it's a shame he positioned himself badly.

Mar 9, 2013
dhawk97 said:
You mean like when Wiggins slowed his group down for Evans last year when he ran over 3 lots of tacks?
So true, the haters are out in force they forget Wiggins had to swap bikes and then boom the crash happened, that would of been well unlucky. Vincenzo Nibali was in the group so they didn't just wait for Wiggo. It was hilarious when D.Tifosi said blanco are bottling it he probably thought this is the only way Gesink can get a good result through others misfortune.

Mar 9, 2013
cineteq said:
Please, read my comments again. Hint: 3rd tier. Greipel is the best sprinter today. Bar none!
How you don't get banned for trolling is beyond me, TDF last year Cav no leadout =3 stages, Greipel with a Htc style leadout =3 stages and 2 of Greipel's wins Cav was not even at the finish.

Mar 9, 2013
cineteq said:
Please, read my comments again. Hint: 3rd tier. Greipel is the best sprinter today. Bar none!
How you don't get banned for trolling is beyond me, TDF last year Cav no leadout =3 stages, Greipel with a Htc style leadout =3 stages and 2 of Greipel's wins Cav was not even at the finish. Do you expect Cav to win every stage by bike lengths or something:rolleyes:.

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Bouhanni should better concentrate his powers on the part of the journey before the finishing line (e.g. get some positioning skills), not on theatralic fist-clinching after getting beaten again. I see here too much aggressiveness, too little race intelligence. Not my type of rider at all.
Just watched it again, he was on Viviani and Goss's wheel, positioning was pretty good.

Mar 9, 2013
theyoungest said:
Half the peloton is held up in the Tour: nobody waits.

Sky is held up in the Giro: everybody waits.

Where's the logic?

Kittel is much better than Bos. Yes, in the hills they're similar ;)
Well Sky also made the peleton wait for Evans on the tacks stage, this stage was a massive pile up though its pretty understandable imo, it's not like Wiggo crashed he got held up by a crash. I heard Nibali also got held up?.

Mar 9, 2013
Dekker_Tifosi said:
The constant factor in this equasion is Robert Gesink.\

If Robert Gesink is behind > ride
If Robert Gesink is in front > do not ride.

It's clearly a conspiracy.

for all idiots here, i'm not serious. I do NOT mean this. Just to be clear
Sigh, so Gesink could have continued, you just want Gesink to get a undeserved result through misfortune which is unfortunate imo.

TANK91 said:
How you don't get banned for trolling is beyond me, TDF last year Cav no leadout =3 stages, Greipel with a Htc style leadout =3 stages and 2 of Greipel's wins Cav was not even at the finish. Do you expect Cav to win every stage by bike lengths or something:rolleyes:.
I can understand your point fanboy. I'm not banned because everybody knows Greipel is the best sprinter in the market today. He'll show it in the TdF. In the meantime, enjoy it while you can.

Nov 14, 2011
What was going on with gavazzi and hunter? Just watched the highlights and sean kelly said gavazzi got a pull on hunter. Can't say i saw anything apart from the argument after

williamp78 said:
What was going on with gavazzi and hunter? Just watched the highlights and sean kelly said gavazzi got a pull on hunter. Can't say i saw anything apart from the argument after
It looked like Gavazzi just went straight across Hunter, similar to Ferrari and Cav last year. Hard to tell though.

I must wonder why no one is praising Steegmans properly here. That was THE BEST lead-out I have seen whole year from any team. Went like a rocket and took Cavendish SO close to the line - and with no worries about some one "anticipating"....

Hey, everyone struggled just to keep up with Gertie. Absolute monster pull.

OPQS lead-out have been criticised (for reason). even today there was hardly "a train", but the delivery was still awesome - at least for once.

No one pushed on. The front group was spread across the road and the time gap was not much. Riders were seen on the front telling others to switch the pace off a bit more. No one took advantage of the Wiggins group and it didn't take them long to get back.

ASK THE COMMUNITY