• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro d'Italia wildcards : Who would you like to see?

Which teams would you invite at the next Giro d'Italia edition?

• Caja Rural

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
will acquarone invite your local team for the 2013 edition? anything is possible.
will he deny again some big champions an entry? you bet so

last year, netapp got invited out of nowhere, not exactly the team we all thought will be invited,check the results of the poll:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=16196&highlight=giro+2012+wildcards

will this year be different?

remember, androni's presence is guaranteed. only 3 more spots
i doubt that katusha can go back in the world tour until may

giro is straight with us

proxy.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Colombia, Vini-Fantini, and Bardiani. I would say Katusha, but I don't think they will be able to get in without Rodriguez. IAM probably has a good chance of getting in also, a Giro wildcard is one of their main goals.

Well last year Aquarone still invited Colnago and Farnese Vini and not Coldeportes! It was just Netapp what was a suprise invite due to economic reasons.

So as I wrote in the other thread I go for
Bardiani
Farnese Vini
Colombia Coldeportes

as Colombia would definatly add something to the race with Chaves, Duarte and Atapuma.

Katoesja is getting to the Tour instead of Colombia, because of a wildcard agreement for all ASO events. Or Purito will leave and they only might show up at the Vuelta then.

I'm no sure about MTN. There was an article on cyclingnews where was mentioned Aquarone wanted to invite an african team, but MTN denied as it would come to early. If the've changed their mind they maybe would kickoff Coldeportes :eek:

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I definitely want Vini Fantani to be invited, especially because they are always fun to watch, and Coldeportes for obvious reasons. My third would probably be IAM though, because they are going to be quite good, and theres a number of riders they have that I really like such as Mathias Brandle.

Farnese should almost certainly be invited, Rabottini won a jersey last year so I assume they'll give him the opportunity to defend it.

Katusha doesn't deserve an invite since they're probably not planning to send Menchov, Rodriguez or Moreno anyway. I also really hope IAM cycling gets invited, I believe both Löfkvist and Haussler will improve massively this year in a new environment. Haussler wasn't happy in Garmin which lead to his excessive drinking (he had to be carried home from a party in Copenhagen...) and Löfkvist certainly wasn't enjoying his time in Sky.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
maltiv said:
Farnese should almost certainly be invited, Rabottini won a jersey last year so I assume they'll give him the opportunity to defend it.

Katusha doesn't deserve an invite since they're probably not planning to send Menchov, Rodriguez or Moreno anyway. I also really hope IAM cycling gets invited, I believe both Löfkvist and Haussler will improve massively this year in a new environment. Haussler wasn't happy in Garmin which lead to his excessive drinking (he had to be carried home from a party in Copenhagen...) and Löfkvist certainly wasn't enjoying his time in Sky.

Not only won a jersey, but produced one of the most epic rides of the year! Aquarone, IMO, would be a complete idiot not to give Rabottini the chance to produce any more rides as epic as he did last year.

Colombia
Vini Fantini
Bardiani.

These are the teams I'd like to see in order of preference and I fully expect that these teams will get the Wildcards.

Katusha will miss out because Purito wont ride the Giro.

Bardiani don't have big name GC contenders but they have the youngster Locatelli and given the of no hilly stages riders like Battaglin and Barbin can shine.

IAM probably deserve a place too and will probably care about the race than some WT teams, but they'll have to miss out.

TRENDING THREADS