• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Grandes Prix Cyclistes: Québec et Montréal, 13 and 15 of September (WT)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
del1962 said:
Great win from Sagan, he got sick of chasing breaks for others down and went himself.

Also, from his twitter seems like JTL is ok, any news on Kwiatkowski

Not really seen the race then? Sagan actually chased down a break 2 laps before the end. And in the final lap he was the one who cased down Gesink's initial attack on the first climb. And on the second climb he was the one chasing down Hesjedal before going on the attack himself.

So not only did he again close gaps, but this time he had enough to have a monster counter of himself as well. It was hugely impressive. If Sagan has this form or better in 2 weeks he's going to be incredibly hard to beat.
Guess only Horner can beat him :p

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Not really seen the race then? Sagan actually chased down a break 2 laps before the end. And in the final lap he was the one who cased down Gesink's initial attack on the first climb. And on the second climb he was the one chasing down Hesjedal before going on the attack himself.

So not only did he again close gaps, but this time he had enough to have a monster counter of himself as well. It was hugely impressive. If Sagan has this form or better in 2 weeks he's going to be incredibly hard to beat.
Guess only Horner can beat him :p

If you read what I said, I mentioned that he chased breaks down (which benefitted others), so instead of keeping doing this he attacked himself

Yes his form for the worlds is ominous.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Great ride by Sagan. It's hard to infer a riders chances for worlds in these races, but one thing we can safely assume, Sagan looks like he'll be on form for worlds.

Amazing race again yesterday. I'm going to repeat myself, but these2 races are such a great addition to the cycling calendar. Besides good racing there is actually a big crowd as well. When it comes down to globalisation for cycling this is a big success if you ask me.

Very impressive win by Sagan. Looking good for the WC, but everyone will be at the WC and nobody will work with him so its going to be incredibly hard for him.

Looking forward to next years Canada races :)

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Amazing race again yesterday. I'm going to repeat myself, but these2 races are such a great addition to the cycling calendar. Besides good racing there is actually a big crowd as well. When it comes down to globalisation for cycling this is a big success if you ask me.

Very impressive win by Sagan. Looking good for the WC, but everyone will be at the WC and nobody will work with him so its going to be incredibly hard for him.

Looking forward to next years Canada races :)

It is, mainly because these races, unlike the other non-European WT races, actually add something to the calendar. The races at the start of the season are alright but they're just too early season to have any value imo.

TRENDING THREADS