• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Jayco Herald Sun Tour - January 3rd to 6th

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
mherm79 said:
anyone know the result of today's stage?

1 Nathan Haas AUS Genesys Wealth Advisers 16:39:39
2 Jack Bobridge AUS Garmin-Cervélo +0:17
3 Jonas Aaen Jörgensen DEN Saxo Bank-Sungard +0:26
4 Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg RSA Mtn Cycling +0:27
5 Jens Debusschere BEL Omega Pharma-Lotto +0:29
6 Rhys Pollock AUS Drapac Porsche Cycling +1:21
7 Joseph Lewis AUS Mitchelton Australian National Team +3:29
8 Bernard Sulzberger AUS V Australia +3:56
9 Timothy Gudsell NZL Rabobank Continental Team +3:59
10 Koen De Kort NED Skil-Shimano +5:12

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Stage results
A_u_hwRCUAA2d97.jpg:large

GC results
A_u_u5dCEAABEi8.jpg:large

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks ACF.

Kerby retains the leaders as he hoped to do thanks to the heat.

=opps - my maths escape me in this heat. didn't see the GC list.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Aaron Doonely
Calvin Watson +0.00
Josh Aitkens +0.00
Bradley Linfiel +2.03
Alexander Malone +2.03
Brock Roberts +2.15

Another group at +2.29

Then Gerrans, Sulzberger, Kerby Clarke group at 2.35

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Report from KOM

Went to the start and the KOM on Mount Macedon.

As forecast, absolutely stinking hot day, so they brought the start forward a couple of hours.

The first KOM about 30 km in is a decent climb - 5.5 km at 8.2%, and it split the pack up more than I thought it would. A group of 11 had a lead at the bottom, and Nathan Haas attacked from it to take the KOM and kept going. We later heard he had a mechanical on the descent and went back to the break.

The next group over the top, maybe 2 minutes was a group of about 20 with most of the pre-race favourites, including all the national team except Matt Goss, who lumbered over about five minutes later in a small grupetto (on a climb which can be done in under 20 minutes). Unless there was some other mechanical factor, I think we can rule him out for the Nationals this year, and probably TDU stages as well.

Lovely morning out on the mountain, with decent crowds on the roadside but not so many that you couldn't find a spot to park and watch. Reckon they've got the right idea having the HST at this time of year.

swuzzlebubble said:
That is the way they are spinning it but they moved because they had to.
Their traditional slot got clobbered by Tour of Hangzhou- which never happened anyway
There are not enough spare weekends in January so they reduced the format and lost UCI status.
Downgrade in UCI status means less pro's than last time.
To continue at this time they need the TDU back one week.
(Bay Crits has been cut back one day to accomodate this farce too.)

They have ******ed it. Sure they slot it into the calendar but in what form ? Three stages and a prologue. Not sure why the previous criteriums get so much attention as well. Don't see why the race can't be one week long with more climbs like it used to be. Farce it is.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
rgmerk said:
Went to the start and the KOM on Mount Macedon.

As forecast, absolutely stinking hot day, so they brought the start forward a couple of hours.

The first KOM about 30 km in is a decent climb - 5.5 km at 8.2%, and it split the pack up more than I thought it would. A group of 11 had a lead at the bottom, and Nathan Haas attacked from it to take the KOM and kept going. We later heard he had a mechanical on the descent and went back to the break.

The next group over the top, maybe 2 minutes was a group of about 20 with most of the pre-race favourites, including all the national team except Matt Goss, who lumbered over about five minutes later in a small grupetto (on a climb which can be done in under 20 minutes). Unless there was some other mechanical factor, I think we can rule him out for the Nationals this year, and probably TDU stages as well.

Lovely morning out on the mountain, with decent crowds on the roadside but not so many that you couldn't find a spot to park and watch. Reckon they've got the right idea having the HST at this time of year.

Potentially decided on an easy day with it being so crazily hot? Although I think you are probably right about Nats + TDU.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
will10 said:
Potentially decided on an easy day with it being so crazily hot? Although I think you are probably right about Nats + TDU.

Gossy only just got back from Europe so I think today's weather would have been a rude shock to his system and would have contributed to his position over the climb, but probably not a good sign for him to get up by next weekend for Nats.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
will10 said:

Judging by the pain face he was exhibiting I don't think he was having an easy day of it. But if he really only came back a couple of days ago that would explain things to some extent.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
rgmerk said:

Goss has a way of getting up for the races he targets so I wouldn't be suprised if he podium's.

movingtarget said:
They have ******ed it. Sure they slot it into the calendar but in what form ? Three stages and a prologue. Not sure why the previous criteriums get so much attention as well. Don't see why the race can't be one week long with more climbs like it used to be. Farce it is.

The Bay crits are an awesome event, and dam fast. Great way for our local's to mix it up with the pro's.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
SBS highlights were sadly only half an hour tonight for the best stage of the race by far. Very sketchy but when piecing the action together, it was quite an entertaining stage.

auscyclefan94 said:
SBS highlights were sadly only half an hour tonight for the best stage of the race by far. Very sketchy but when piecing the action together, it was quite an entertaining stage.

I thought the leader Donelley might struggle but he still did very well to finish second overall. Both of the young Aussies look like they have potential. Donelley better suited to the flatter races or stages it seems at the moment. He is about double the size of the winner.

TRENDING THREADS