• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne [Cancelled due to snow]

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
spalco said:
You were wrong, serfla, just accept it and move on. Starting the race would have been absolutely irresponsible under those circumstances, and would have much too likely resulted in injuries for many riders.
What does it - me being wrong, have to do with someone's "classy" comment?
Haven't you read my following comment after cancellation?
Should have clarify seriousness of my preceding post.

I don't believe I have to explain ironic spirit of my comments regarding harsh conditions, "hard man" epithet and passion for cycling in Belgium.

What an intellectually insufficient, emotionally immature, bunch.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
serfla said:
What does it - me being wrong, have to do with someone's "classy" comment?
Haven't you read my following comment after cancellation?
Should have clarify seriousness of my preceding post.

I don't believe I have to explain ironic spirit of my comments regarding harsh conditions, "hard man" epithet and passion for cycling in Belgium.

What an intellectually insufficient, emotionally immature, bunch.

Yeah, that comment totally showed off your superior intellect and left the rest of us irrelevant mortals on this forum standing speechless.

damn!!!:mad:

Understandable circumstances, but what bothers me the most is the Race Organizers not having a plan "C" to postpone the race & have it within the next day or two as the weather permits.... I know logistics for those kind of arraignments are difficult to set, but the risk of losing the investment is greater than an Insurance policy in place........................... just saying

Museeuw said:
Could you explain, just a little bit, please?

Someone said about racing in the snow would show who was properly tough.

I said Johan Tschopp, after the 2010 Giro stage where they had to clear several feet of snow to make the Gavia ridable.

Here's a pic:
Gavia+2010.jpg

Johan Tschopp won the stage that day, whilst still riding for Bbox-Bouygues Télécom.

Ferminal refers back to something earlier on the stage. At this point it was by no means sure that the breakaways were going to have enough in them to win the stage, in fact it looked rather unlikely. Tschopp, with very few career highpoints to point to, was left as the strongest climber in the front group (as opposed to the second break behind which had Vino and Sastre in it) along with Gilberto Simoni, who had signed with Lampre specifically to ride that Giro and retire on the end of it. This was the penultimate day, and the aging Gibo had been a non-factor in the race. Gavia was the Cima Coppi, and Gibo wanted it, a final prize to a glorious Giro fighter, to take the highest mountain pass of the race in his last ever mountain stage. He attacked to win it, but Tschopp, noting that the victory seemed unlikely, his team had picked very little up from the Giro and there was a financial incentive to do so as well, had no sympathy for the sentimental prize going to a guy whose career was already far more decorated than his, and outsprinted him.

Libertine Seguros said:
Someone said about racing in the snow would show who was properly tough.

I said Johan Tschopp, after the 2010 Giro stage where they had to clear several feet of snow to make the Gavia ridable.

Here's a pic:
Gavia+2010.jpg

Johan Tschopp won the stage that day, whilst still riding for Bbox-Bouygues Télécom.

Ferminal refers back to something earlier on the stage. At this point it was by no means sure that the breakaways were going to have enough in them to win the stage, in fact it looked rather unlikely. Tschopp, with very few career highpoints to point to, was left as the strongest climber in the front group (as opposed to the second break behind which had Vino and Sastre in it) along with Gilberto Simoni, who had signed with Lampre specifically to ride that Giro and retire on the end of it. This was the penultimate day, and the aging Gibo had been a non-factor in the race. Gavia was the Cima Coppi, and Gibo wanted it, a final prize to a glorious Giro fighter, to take the highest mountain pass of the race in his last ever mountain stage. He attacked to win it, but Tschopp, noting that the victory seemed unlikely, his team had picked very little up from the Giro and there was a financial incentive to do so as well, had no sympathy for the sentimental prize going to a guy whose career was already far more decorated than his, and outsprinted him.

Gibo didn't seem to.mind. He proceeded to ride to the rai motorcycle and give a live instage interview about how the race was going.

TRENDING THREADS