• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey (2.HC) 21st - 28th April

Official Site (very good as usual)

The organisers have included a new summit finish this year, but it hasn't put off the sprinters - Greipel, Kittel, Guardini, Coquard, Bos, Renshaw, Howard, Kruopis, Ciolek, Fenn, Cantwell, Modolo, Chicchi, Napolitano, etc.
The GC line up isn't so impressive - Atapuma, Meyer, Barguil, Kashechkin...

Full Start List

Stage 1: Alanya – Alanya
stage1.png

Stage 2: Alanya – Antalya
stage2.png

Stage 3: Antalya – Elmali (Gogubeli)
stage3.png

Stage 4: Gocek – Marmaris
stage4.png

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
These profiles would make the Copenhagen worlds look like Liege Bastogne Liege.

theres one in stage 7 which goes up 60m in 10k, yet glancing on the profiles, youd swear its hc.

Cos they're not on a common scale, you can't compare them at a glance. They want to change that imo.

Yeah, not many climbers in this race despite the two "MTF's".

I'll go for Atapuma, if he finally has found his legs again. Cam Meyer seems to be targeting the race as well, other contenders could be Seeldraeyers, Marc De Maar, Danail Petrov and Brice Feillu. An outside pick would be Jonathan Hivert or Mauro Finetto, depending on the steepness of the two summit finishes.

I'm dissappointed Kathusha didn't select Petr Ignatenko, he would have had a chance to take the overall.

Interesting youngsters are Wackerman, Barguil & McCarthy, who all considering the relatively weak climbing field should be able to feature in the "mountains".

Hugo Koblet said:
Haha, yeah, that was definitely the most devastating attack of 2012! Look at the gap he gets in seconds!

the attack was completely devastating hehe:cool::cool:

but sadly,legendary ivailo won't be in the record books of the fastest ascents, not even close, he did the gogubeli at around 5.4-5.5 w/kg:eek:
i hope at least he made some cash from the bets. the rumours were that before the departure to tour of turkey, he persuaded his friends to bet everything they have because he's 100000% sure that he will win tour of turkey.
anyway for me the tour of tukey will always equal ivailo gabrovsky. a myth.

this year, i hope kash will take it. atapuma should be the favourite but look at how bad were the colombians last year...i don't know what to expect from them anymore...

jens_attacks said:

but sadly,legendary ivailo won't be in the record books of the fastest ascents, not even close, he did the gogubeli at around 5.4-5.5 w/kg:eek:
i hope at least he made some cash from the bets. the rumours were that before the departure to tour of turkey, he persuaded his friends to bet everything they have because he's 100000% sure that he will win tour of turkey.

this year, i hope kash will take it. atapuma should be the favourite but look at how bad were the colombians last year...i don't know what to expect from them anymore...

Do you have any idea what was his odds before the race? It should be around 250 or something like that probably

jens_attacks said:

That's a cool story :D However, not many money were probably earned on the bets. The bookmakers often have very low limits on these kind of bets especially on an unknown rider like Gabrovsky in a small race like Tour of Turkey.

jens_attacks said:

Kash is riding? Nice, let us see what kind of shape he got now a couple of weeks before Il Giro. (By that I mean, let us see if he will got for the victory or help Nibali so they can take the double, Sky style)

TRENDING THREADS