• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Santos Tour Down Under: 20th Jan - 27th Jan

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
They have no chance.

The finish around Lobethal is not that hard. They should make it. I hope that at least one of Guardini or Kittel comes with decent sprinting form so that there is a challenger to Greipel in the sprints.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
will we only get live coverage for the last 2 stages?

i don't know why but i thought we would have live coverage for the entire race :eek:

Live everyday, my friend. For you internationals, just hop onto the ninemsn.com.au website and the link to the feed will be at the top of the page.

auscyclefan94 said:
LOL, generally the classics and the Giro/Vuelta are on when I need to be studying! Much worse than TDU.

that sucks.

i have exams on the 22nd,23th,24th and 26th, technical drawing, analytic mathematics 2, non metallic materials and themodynamics :eek:

i must say tho that my second semester exams season starts 1 week before the tour and it end in the middle of the third week on the best case scenario or a full week after the end of the tour on the worst case scenario.

Parrulo said:
that sucks.

i have exams on the 22nd,23th,24th and 26th, technical drawing, analytic mathematics 2, non metallic materials and themodynamics :eek:

i must say tho that my second semester exams season starts 1 week before the tour and it end in the middle of the third week on the best case scenario or a full week after the end of the tour on the worst case scenario.

Oh poor you. Exams.during the bore de france what a tragedy :cool:

here we have exams during the giro.;)

Also don't know if Portugal stands on this but i know some countries in Europe like.Belgium allow you to fail or even just not turn up for exams and then take retakes when you feel. Here the giro exams are the be all end all. No second chances. Everything goes into.them

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Oh poor you. Exams.during the bore de france what a tragedy :rolleyes:

here we have exams during the giro.:cool:

Also don't know if Portugal stands on this but i know some countries in Europe like.Belgium allow you to fail or even just not turn up for exams and then take retakes when you feel. Here the giro exams are the be all end all. No second chances. Everything goes into.them

In Belgium you can pretty much redo all your exams in august/september.

Exams during giro is a ***** though lol

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
At Stage 1 there is a little uphill finish and before its a bit hilly.
Do you think, its enough, to be good to Rojas and Boasson?
Or no Problem to guys like Greipel, Guardini, Demare, Goss, Kittel etc?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Team Riis said:
At Stage 1 there is a little uphill finish and before its a bit hilly.
Do you think, its enough, to be good to Rojas and Boasson?
Or no Problem to guys like Greipel, Guardini, Demare, Goss, Kittel etc?

It is not that hilly. The profile exaggerates the difficult of the circuits in stage 1.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Planning to be at stages 1,2,3 and 5. Weather looks pretty good.

Stage 1 likely a sprint finish, unless a large group gets away on Checkers Hill

Still think a strong climber/good descender can grab the lead on stage 2 (sorry Andy). (who could that be? Nibali, Valverde, Sanchez, Evans all not here, any ideas?)

Saw the Argos team training on the Stirling loop today - watch out for Will Clarke on Stage 3!

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Gilbert and perhaps EBH could be in the mix.

Think the climb may be a bit much for EBH, not sure about PG.

Just reviewed the start list, here is who I would watch: CAS, DeGendt, Moreno, Rohan Dennis (he's a local), ?Kash or Iglinsky?, Simon Clarke.

Tragic said:
Think the climb may be a bit much for EBH, not sure about PG.

Just reviewed the start list, here is who I would watch: CAS, DeGendt, Moreno, Rohan Dennis (he's a local), ?Kash or Iglinsky?, Simon Clarke.

Could be too hard and not enough road to get the time back. Good stage design.

CAS lacks explosiveness and is a poor descender, can't see him win the stage.
Maybe Kelderman.

TRENDING THREADS