• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Santos Tour Down Under: 20th Jan - 27th Jan

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pentacycle said:
You mean the criterium Greipel will win? Yes, that takes place tonight.

the race in which lance got away with sagan. #neverforget
a champion at the sunset of his career and the other at the sunrise

tdu, i realize, is one of the races i expect the most. let's see some helluva racing in sprints and up old willunga and corkscrew, that's what matters the most
the seasons begins yeyy:cool:

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
then when does the race starts lol? tomorrow night?

Tonight (Sunday Adelaide time) is the Down Under Classic, a crit in the city that is more of a parade and always a bunch finish. Stage 1 is Tuesday.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Tragic said:
Tonight (Sunday Adelaide time) is the Down Under Classic, a crit in the city that is more of a parade and always a bunch finish. Stage 1 is Tuesday.

Well it usually shows who'll be the main sprinter in TdU. Should be fun show especially for the fans.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo, tonight's event is an exhibition criterium around Adelaide. It draws quite large crowds. Does not count to the overall Tour Down Under bu the organisers say that the Tour Down Under is from the 20-27th when it is really from the 22nd to the 27th. On Monday there will be no racing.

I will post a thread for the Down Under Classic soon.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
International broadcasters

Here's from the tour website http://www.tourdownunder.com.au for our overseas friends. Don't know about the crit.

The 2013 Santos Tour Down Under will be broadcast on the following international TV networks. Please check your local TV guides for scheduling information.

Africa and Middle East - pan regional Supersport
Asia - pan regional - EUROSPORT Asia
Canada - Sportsnet and RDS
France - Sport+
Japan - JSPORTS
Italy - RAI/RAI Sport
Malaysia - Astro
New Zealand - Sky TV
Norway - TV2 Sport
South America - pan regional TDN and DirecTV
UK - BSkyB
USA - NBC Sport

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Here are some photos of the TDU 2013 winner

BA8CBf2CQAEiyaF.jpg:large

BA9CAwrCMAEeTYz.jpg:large

BA9TR00CEAAk_Pn.jpg:large

EBH: "We are riding for Geraint Thomas for the overall"

Lol. Wonder what they've done with G to make them think he can keep up with the likes of Gilbert in the hills. Normally one would think EBH would be the guy for the overall, given that he has a million times better results than G in both sprints and hills, but I guess being British, G has suddenly been transformed to a superior climber and puncheur.

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe it's because he's aiming for the spring classics and has adopted the same or similar training style of Brad Wiggins and racing his earlier races at 90 - 95% of his capabilities.

Just sayin.

maltiv said:
EBH: "We are riding for Geraint Thomas for the overall"

Lol. Wonder what they've done with G to make them think he can keep up with the likes of Gilbert in the hills. Normally one would think EBH would be the guy for the overall, given that he has a million times better results than G in both sprints and hills, but I guess being British, G has suddenly been transformed to a superior climber and puncheur.

Who says Gilbert is in top form? Who says Thomas doesn't have vastly superior form to Merckx?

With good legs Thomas could top5.

I'm sure if EBH is good enough he will get a result, but if not he will work for someone stronger.

TRENDING THREADS