• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Santos Tour Down Under Stage 3: Unley -> Stirling , 139km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
markene2 said:
I am actualy starting to like Machadao now ...

well, the "machado will attack" joke didn't came out of nowhere. he has always been a extremely aggressive rider. a shame he always mistimes his attacks and/or lacks the legs to finish it of.

today was another great show of great tactical sense by him, attacking 46k from the finish :eek:

btw he just posted this on facebook:
Dia bem duro, mas consegui terminar com o mesmo tempo do vencedor! Ainda tentei a minha sorte perto do final, atacando a cerca de 5km do final Sendo apanhado já dentro dos últimos 2km!!! As sensações foram boas, mas os adversários estão fortes! Há que continuar lutando...

"tough day, but i still managed to finish with the same time as the winner. i tried my luck near the end attacking 5k from the line but ended up getting caught inside the last 2. the sensations were good but the adversaries are strong. got to keep fighting. . ."

i predict attacking from 100k out on willunga :p

Parrulo said:
well, the "machado will attack" joke didn't came out of nowhere. he has always been a extremely aggressive rider. a shame he always mistimes his attacks and/or lacks the legs to finish it of.

today was another great show of great tactical sense by him, attacking 46k from the finish :eek:

btw he just posted this on facebook:

"tough day, but i still managed to finish with the same time as the winner. i tried my luck near the end attacking 5k from the line but ended up getting caught inside the last 2. the sensations were good but the adversaries are strong. got to keep fighting. . ."

i predict attacking from 100k out on willunga :p
It wasn't a bad attack (the last one at least) but it was always going to be a sprint. The field is just waiting for a guy like that to get in front and act as a target.

Timmy broke his left collarbone. He also got sprained ligaments in his neck.

Afrank said:
Timmey Duggen involved in a crash Apparently. :(
1224_492713444108548_738244054_n.jpg

Vino attacks everyone said:
The most important thing form this stage is that Kash did not loose time, he is really gunning for it this year! :cool:
I still have some faith that he'll lose 15min in some random stage until the end. Hopefully I'm wrong though.
About Machado he should move to Astana and take a course on "How to attack an get victories out of that" from professor Vino. And take Hoogerland with him.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
They actually have an AGR contender in him, instead of sending Gesink pretending he will get a result.

indeed, maybe not this year tho.

I think the giro was good last year, from what we've seen he looks much more like a punchy aspect rather then ever doing well in a GT.

Punchy rider + GT domestique.

TRENDING THREADS