• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 SkodaTour de Luxembourg (2.HC) (12.06 - 16.06)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
He'll probably win this race, causing remarks in the Dutch press that he peaked too early, or that he only wins sh.t small races :eek:

What if Boom wins Ster ZLM Toer? Can't wait to see the papers then, saying that we never win proper races. Which is true, though. :D

Prologue result (enhanced for the pleasure of the Dutch):

1 ENGOULVENT Jimmy Sojasun 20 30 03:42 41.351
2 VAN POPPEL Danny Vacansoleil - DCM 14 18 0:01 41.166
3 HIVERT Jonathan Sojasun 8 12 ,, ,,
4 DRUCKER Jean-Pierre Accent.jobs – Wanty 7 7 0:02 40.982
5 BRANDLE Matthias IAM Cycling 6 4 0:03 40.800
6 MARTENS Paul Blanco Pro Cycling Team 5 3 0:04 40.619
7 GAUDIN Damien Team Europcar 4 2 0:06 40.263
8 JUNGELS Bob RadioShack - Leopard 2 1 0:07 40.087
9 CUSIN Remi IAM Cycling ,, ,,
10 MARCATO Marco Vacansoleil - DCM ,, ,,
11 HOFLAND Moreno Blanco Pro Cycling Team 0:08 39.913
12 GESINK Robert Blanco Pro Cycling Team ,, ,,

:)

edit: ok Martens is a go, but can't make him red as an import.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Yes. He speaks better Dutch than I do.

Yeah, he seems a really nice guy too. My brother once cycled with him like 2 years ago and his girlfriend/wife lives close to where I live. So when my brother contacted him for a Blanco shirt for this auction he remembered that and send one of his shrts and a Rabobank aero suit to his wife's parents house right before he went to Italy for Tirreno for my brother to pick up. Such a cool story :eek:

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
manafana said:
tailing off like kloden now, that radioshack team regret losing fugslang again.

At least Kloden is 37 years old and already did his share, Machado is 27 and lost his "mojo" maybe forever.

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
wirral said:
Why did Thomas De Gendt not ride today?

He only made a last-minute decision to ride the ToL to get some more racing in after abandoning the Dauphine. He had planned to pull out after Stage 2 it was known that he wouldn't ride today.

Philippe Maertens twitter https://twitter.com/philmaertens

Complaint was about a so-called sixday relay for @BobJungels who denies. Bob wins stage but gets fine and loses time. #notfair

Other regularities reported. Lapped Blanco rider helped chase on @BobJungels. #bettermakelocallapsshorter!

Always happening something here in @skodatour. They just stole bike of overall winner Paul Martens during. His doping control.

TRENDING THREADS