• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Spring Classics

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
MSR is probably going to be whether Sagan's chase group can catch Nibali's lead group. Nibali almost certainly will not win unless he somehow gets away solo, so I see it as either someone Nibali takes with him when he attacks on the Poggio, could even be Gerrans again, or Sagan.
I go with Sagan.

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
How you know he is in poor form?

he doesn't.

i
expect Fabian to win the Ronde
cant wait to see how Sagan does there
've lost faith in Breschel
was looking forward to see a strong Ballan again..
hope Pippo will have a strong classic campaign again. long live The Shadow :D
hope to see a Vanmarcke vs Cancellara battle somewhere

btw, if Pippo does do well: how weird is it gonna be to see a Lampre rider in the lead group in a cobbled classic?!

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I dont see why people are predicting a sagan win in RVV when cancellara is racing there too. Cancellara isnt stupid to drag sagan with him only to get outsprinted in the finale. I think he will attack from far out or send devolder so that sagan will have to chase. Anyway we ll see.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
gruppeto993 said:
I dont see why people are predicting a sagan win in RVV when cancellara is racing there too. Cancellara isnt stupid to drag sagan with him only to get outsprinted in the finale. I think he will attack from far out or send devolder so that sagan will have to chase. Anyway we ll see.

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=21834
http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=21625
http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=19979
http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=21979

:p

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Gilbert
"I worry about myself. What counts is the shape of your rivals in the week before a big race. I don’t care if Sagan is stronger than me at the moment. If he's still stronger than me at Flèche Brabançonne (on April 10, just before the Ardennes week) then I have a problem. But that will not be the case."

Wow,rivalry and confidence.Looking forward to this battles :cool:;)

ILovecycling said:
Gilbert

Wow,rivalry and confidence.Looking forward to this battles :cool:;)

That first part is incorrectly translated. He does not say that he 'worries about himself', but he says something along the lines of 'I look only at my own condition'.

He is very confident :cool:

EDIT: Or actually that seems to be a different interview where he kind of says the same thing, because in the (dutch) one I read he talked about RVV instead of Brabantse Pijl.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Panda Claws said:
I thought Sagan said he would only ride AGR though?

Correct, was the first thing I thought, too... At Brabantse Piil, Sagans spring is nearly over, he closes with Amstel.

Furthermore, I doubt he´ll do Brabant (1.HC) at all.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Panda Claws said:
I thought Sagan said he would only ride AGR though?

I think you're right. His main races are MSR, RVV, and AGR. I know he's not racing PR, and I'm pretty sure he's skipping LBL. Damn, that's a lot of alphabet soup.

Well, I´m going to be the first to predict Cav for MSR

I know he is talking down his chances, but to me, thats just a sign of increasing maturity.....there´s no point bigging your chances up ´cause they´ll just watch out for you (and drop you!)

Can´t wait....funny how dreadful the winter has been with all the revelations and that, and now we´re cycling again, feels great!:D

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Mad Elephant Man said:
MSR is probably going to be whether Sagan's chase group can catch Nibali's lead group. Nibali almost certainly will not win unless he somehow gets away solo, so I see it as either someone Nibali takes with him when he attacks on the Poggio, could even be Gerrans again, or Sagan.
I go with Sagan.

Not sure Nibali will neccesarily drop Sagan on the Poggio. Last year Sagan was kind of handcuffed - it was his job to sit back and try to get the chasing group to give Nibbles a podium spot or drag him to the line fresh.

My predictions of the winners .

MSR- Sagan,
GW- Goss
E3 Prijs- Breschel
Ronde- Pozzato
PR- Flecha (Finally)
AGR- Gilbert
FW-Purito
LBL- Gilbert

Het Nieuwsbald- Stybar
DDV- Van Avermaet
Brabantse Pijl- Gilbert.

No wins for either Cancellara or Boonen.

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone think Iglinskiy can repeat what he did last year? It's gonna be hard for him to beat 2nd in Strade Bianche and 1st in LBL :).

I am afraid Slagter is too good too early, don't see him performing extremely well in the hilly classics.

Lotto-Belisol should do better than last year. I can see Roelandts have a very good classics season. I also belief Vanendert will be able to repeat the good things he showed in 2012.

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Which one will Sky win? & Who?

Afterall they set their stall out with the Classics group this winter with the aim of winning one.

I've given up on EBH performing as he should! Stannard or G this year :D

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
J-King said:
Does anyone think Iglinskiy can repeat what he did last year? It's gonna be hard for him to beat 2nd in Strade Bianche and 1st in LBL :).

I am afraid Slagter is too good too early, don't see him performing extremely well in the hilly classics.

Lotto-Belisol should do better than last year. I can see Roelandts have a very good classics season. I also belief Vanendert will be able to repeat the good things he showed in 2012.

Vanendert could do very well again, but I doubt Iglinsky will be able to repeat his feats, not least because he will probably be working for Nibali.

TRENDING THREADS