2013 Tirreno - Adriatico

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
SafeBet said:
Parasites from bilharzia normally stay in your body after the treatment, so it's normal to experience the disease ciclically.
That said, what are his doctors doing? Everybody knows this disease must be periodically monitored. He should have been treated weeks before this whole thing could affect his training.
luckily for Froome, his Illness cycle always coincide with the "training camps" & never appears during the Tour ...:rolleyes:

Anyways- I still believe Sky will go there to challege Contador, no matter how early in the season is for others. Nibali will be there not necessarely to defend his title, but to build up for M-SR.
 
Apr 10, 2011
4,819
0
0
Where the hell does the bilharzia rumour come from ? :rolleyes:

Froome has just been training in Mallorca looking in great shape ffs.

When he has bilharzia he can't cycle for 2/3 weeks...
 
Eshnar said:
wow. Descender is satisfied :D

I am too, for the record. Very few drawbacks.
I can't get no satisfaction. :D

Lanciano is a bit far from the finish, but hard enough to be decisive if the will is there.

And the last hilly stage could prove to be very entertaining.

I'd have put the ITT earlier, but you can't always get what you want.

Yeah I'm really into the Rolling Stones lately. :cool:
 
Descender said:
I can't get no satisfaction. :D

Lanciano is a bit far from the finish, but hard enough to be decisive if the will is there.

And the last hilly stage could prove to be very entertaining.

I'd have put the ITT earlier, but you can't always get what you want.

Yeah I'm really into the Rolling Stones lately. :cool:
I will feel sympathy for the... Sky train when AC attacks :p
 
Gloin22 said:
Where the hell does the bilharzia rumour come from ? :rolleyes:

Froome has just been training in Mallorca looking in great shape ffs.

When he has bilharzia he can't cycle for 2/3 weeks...
Well, it came from Froome...

Was in an interview a couple of days ago.
 
Jun 9, 2012
766
0
0
maltiv said:
Well, it came from Froome...

Was in an interview a couple of days ago.
Yeah, said that had reoccurred and that he was receiving treatment. It all sounded matter of course though. Suggested it comes and goes.

Who will Saxo have for the TTT? Surely they now have a pool of talent that could compete for the win, never mind losing 30 secs?
 
LaFlorecita said:
No it doesn't since Alberto has always been better.
Miburo said:
On the vuelta ITT where he only was second? And was first in the first time check on the first 10 flat km?
That doesn't cut it.
He was beating Cancellara in 40km long ITTs before ban. It's not the same level.
Which doesn't mean he's not good. He's actually very good. Just not good enough to seal the deal in ITTs as he could do before ban.

But since you bot are so bullish about it, let's talk numbers. How much time will Contador put into Nibbles in this T/A ITT?

Descender said:
And the last hilly stage could prove to be very entertaining.
Same feeling.
Definately a great route.
 
SafeBet said:
That doesn't cut it.
He was beating Cancellara in 40km long ITTs before ban. It's not the same level.
Which doesn't mean he's not good. He's actually very good. Just not good enough to seal the deal in ITTs as he could do before ban.

But since you bot are so bullish about it, let's talk numbers. How much time will Contador put into Nibbles in this T/A ITT?



Same feeling.
Definately a great route.
10 seconds ~
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
1
0
maltiv said:
I think what jens is trying to say is that his Bilharzia allows him to...you know, fix them blood values. So it might be an advantage in that case.
what a pathetic comment
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
1
0
The Hitch said:
Why? What's your theory on what jens meant when he kept saying the Bilharzia is a great thing for froome?
appearantly he suggest it gives froom the possibility to mess with his blood(doping) :rolleyes:
 
the asian said:
He's the logical choice as Cannondale team leader. Basso won't win it and Sagan will lose time in the ITT.

Can win a stage or two but don't think he'll be top 5.
Actually Sagan can be very good in short ITTs.
Tour de Suisse 2012 springs to ming. Plus he was 11th in last year ITT during T/A.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
SafeBet said:
That doesn't cut it.
He was beating Cancellara in 40km long ITTs before ban. It's not the same level.
Which doesn't mean he's not good. He's actually very good. Just not good enough to seal the deal in ITTs as he could do before ban.

But since you bot are so bullish about it, let's talk numbers. How much time will Contador put into Nibbles in this T/A ITT?
Wait does the giro 2011 count? at that point he was already busted actually, i don't think there's difference between that contador and the contador this year from a clinic perspective.

Anyway we're not debating into how good Contador was at '09, don't change the subject.

It's about him being a better TT'er than Nibali, and that's just a fact. This ban has nothing to do with it.

Nothing has shown us that this has changed, besides san luis but if you bring that up, well it just shows us how desperate you are :eek:

He can probably put 15 sec on Nibali in that ITT in TA.

And in a ITT like the vuelta 2012 probably 1 minute if both are at 100%.
 
Dec 27, 2010
6,674
0
0
That's a great looking route. Paris Nice take notice (although if Montagne de Lure MTF and another Col d'Eze TT would make for a marked improvement on the past 2-3 years)

Gloin22 said:
Where the hell does the bilharzia rumour come from ? :rolleyes:

Froome has just been training in Mallorca looking in great shape ffs.

When he has bilharzia he can't cycle for 2/3 weeks...
I doubt anyone at Sky would be worried now though if he had another relapse. Even with bilharzia he went from cannon fodder at Romandie, to world class at the Dauphine 5 weeks later, to untouchable alien god another 4 weeks later at the Tour. Nothing to worry about, it's all taken care of.

Ryo Hazuki said:
what a pathetic comment
What do you think a disease that attacks red blood cells would do to an athlete's biological passport?
 
Ryo Hazuki said:
appearantly he suggest it gives froom the possibility to mess with his blood(doping) :rolleyes:
Yes, that's probably what jens meant. It's a well known fact that he is pro doping. Most of his comments are quite hilarious once you understand that (such as the one about Europcar letting Kern "fill up his engine" :D)

Whether or not Bilharzia lets you do that, is a topic for the clinic. But I assume that since it messes with your red blood cells, that one can use it as an excuse for having some pretty serious fluctuations in one's blood values. Sorry for going off-topic :p
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
1
0
maltiv said:
Yes, that's probably what jens meant. It's a well known fact that he is pro doping. Most of his comments are quite hilarious once you understand that (such as the one about Europcar letting Kern "fill up his engine" :D)

Whether or not Bilharzia lets you do that, is a topic for the clinic. But I assume that since it messes with your red blood cells, that one can use it as an excuse for having some pretty serious fluctuations in one's blood values. Sorry for going off-topic :p
my bad. I thought it was you saying it :p

if jens had said it I wouldn';t have responded as that is normal. my bad
 
SafeBet said:
That doesn't cut it.
He was beating Cancellara in 40km long ITTs before ban. It's not the same level.
Which doesn't mean he's not good. He's actually very good. Just not good enough to seal the deal in ITTs as he could do before ban.
That was ONE tt. Before his ban he also did great and less great tts. Just like now. Remember in Dauphine 2010 when he won the prologue but got beaten by Jani in the long tt?

After his ban he's raced 4 tts, in one he did great in the others he did ok with a ~10th place.

By the way since you are saying that Alberto's still "very good" what do you think Nibbles is :eek: World class? :eek:

But since you bot are so bullish about it, let's talk numbers. How much time will Contador put into Nibbles in this T/A ITT?
10-15 seconds
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY