• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tirreno - Adriatico

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Based on races so far, I'd be surprised if either of them can drop Henao by very much if he was just riding for himself, so I don't think Froome will be short of help if he does need it.

Yep I agree, I said as much earlier in the thread.

Froome19 said:
Without Porte? He seemed to need Porte to bridge across and then he took over the pace making and then after being so called dropped he rode back on and attacked past them and gained on Purito. I don't think he needed Porte all that badly in Oman, but I get your point. Still either Froome or Contador may be in better form than the other and then everything changes.

Instead of Porte he has Henao and Uran though, don't forget it was that pair that pulled Froome back to Purito and Valverde in Vuelta, (only for Froome to make the mistake of attacking them immediately), rather than recooping for a while.

del1962 said:
Instead of Porte he has Henao and Uran though, don't forget it was that pair that pulled Froome back to Purito and Valverde in Vuelta, (only for Froome to make the mistake of attacking them immediately), rather than recooping for a while.

Froome will probably need them on Di Tivo because Contador will be 15-20 seconds up after the TTT. They'll need to set a crazy pace for Froome to have any chance of dropping Contador in the last few km.

cineteq said:
I thought Trentin was injured :confused:

PQMYHeP.png

EDIT: But Majka is also on the list instead of Kreuziger, so I don't think Trentin will be going.

jaylew said:
Is that an old list or did it just come out? I notice there's no Kreuziger. Nice to see Samu is racing though I'm not sure he's got the form at the moment to compete with top guys.
Like always, this is an initial list of participants published by the organiser. It is not an up to date starting list containing the latest info, let alone a final start list.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
And Saxo. They could very well podium the TTT, and with luck even win it.

Especially now that Kreziger is going TA instead of PN (he is substituting for Majka who seems to have problems with his knee again)

TRENDING THREADS