• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tirreno - Adriatico

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
JRanton said:
Froome will probably need them on Di Tivo because Contador will be 15-20 seconds up after the TTT. They'll need to set a crazy pace for Froome to have any chance of dropping Contador in the last few km.

You really think that Saxo will take 15 or more seconds on Sky in TTT?

I reckon they will be within 5 seconds of each other, which way round I don't know.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Hoped Omega wouls send a better team for the TTT:eek:

Clearly not even the Omega management think Tony can Win the overall. :D :p

In seriousness though, their team is not that bad for the TTT, Cav being a sprinter does well in TTT's, Grabsch is a very good TTer, as is Kwiatkowski, and Terpstra and Stybar being classics riders should do fine. A pretty good team for the TTT if you ask me.

I do wonder who they will replace Trentin with though?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
I give Saxo the edge for the TTT. Sky could have used a few more TT or flat land domestique types, rather than so many climbers.

Maybe Sky is planning on testing the climbers roster against contador? Last year at Vuelta I remembered reading Froome said something about contador when he got the taste of riding against him. He said something along the line that he needed his team to help control Contador. Maybe that's why Sky send the climbers team to experiment with how to contain the Great One .. :D

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Extremely hard to predict the outcome of this TTT. In fact, since there have grown so many "super teams", it will be very tight again in Tirreno.

BMC, Garmin, GreenEdge, Saxo, OPQS, RadioShack, Sky, even Astana and Katusha, so impossible to predict anything, again.

if you add the fact that a good ITTist doesn´t neccessarily make an equally good TTTist, it´s even more complicated. Just look at a guy like Mouris . hardly delivers in ITTs, but a great man for the TTT.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Is Tonyrider being serious? It's an awesome TTT lineup, Grabsch probably the weakest link flying back from KL only a couple of days before.

he's completely clueless about anything but tony martin. quyickstep have the best ttt team they could have here

Netserk said:
You do know that QS and serious GC contender in the same sentence is self-contradiction ;)

Brambilla will be crushing everybody in the Giro this year. Wait and see.

Essentially, I concur with Waterloo the main reason for Martins inclusion at T-A is Cav. QS needs to drill the train. Sure, sell the GC idea to Martin if it motivates him. Hell, they may even win the TTT in the process.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
so if QS had a serious GC contender for T-A this year, you think Chavanel would still be in France?

uh, Chavanel is the most legit GC guy Quickstep have for a race like Tirreno, and he rides Paris Nice as a leader most years.

TRENDING THREADS