• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tirreno - Adriatico

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
so if QS had a serious GC contender for T-A this year, you think Chavanel would still be in France?

chavanel decides his own calendar, not lefevre or anyone else. he wants to do p-n as he loves that race, just as he wants to do the giro this year and lefevere prefers him for the tour

Ryo Hazuki said:
chavanel decides his own calendar, not lefevre or anyone else. he wants to do p-n as he loves that race, just as he wants to do the giro this year and lefevere prefers him for the tour

Chavanel is not critical for Cav's chances in the Tour. A few other QS riders can do the daily work. Again circumstance will drive the decisions. We simply disagree about the level of "freedom" Chavanel has on the team.

will10 said:
I think they could have Contador riding Tirreno and Chavanel would still be the leader at Paris Nice.

ok, but not that I agree.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
movingtarget said:
I think there will a few other players as well. Should be very interesting.

I think it would be pretty cool if someone else, with everyone focusing on Froome and Contador, slipped through to take the win. Maybe Samu, would be nice to see him get a big one, and he's not being talked about much.

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:
I think it would be pretty cool if someone else, with everyone focusing on Froome and Contador, slipped through to take the win. Maybe Samu, would be nice to see him get a big one, and he's not being talked about much.

My bet is on Sagan.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
movingtarget said:
Yes it's hard to see him being competitive at this stage with the problems he has had.

Of course Andy won't be. That would be a miracle, maybe in april he'll do something but even that is being way too hopeful.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/130301_gilbert_voor_PN

In the best case scenario, Andy will have a season like Phil in 2012 in my opinion.

What he says in that interview can also be said for Andy this year.

The thing is with andy though is that he can be real bad in march but still do great in LBL but this year is way different.

I doubt that he'll even get close to gilbert's level of 2012. He still was top 3 in the FW.

Miburo said:
The thing is with andy though is that he can be real bad in march but still do great in LBL but this year is way different.

I doubt that he'll even get close to gilbert's level of 2012. He still was top 3 in the FW.

Schleck has to get back on track now or he can write off another season. We saw what other riders are capable of already in the Tour of Oman etc......I think it could go either way. I don't think anyone really understand Andy. He just doesn't seem too concerned.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
With Schleck in is Horner out? They still have not named the team. Meanwhile
Horner's had a burst of tweets about training the early Cali routes. He usually tweets ahead of good form, but I don't think they would both together for the simple reason they would have little to offer in the TTT, which is more of factor in this race than in most stage races.

The team they had last year was Cancellera's Milan-San Remo sqaud and just Horner. Horner climbs well enough and had some luck with the snowed-out climb on the Chieti stage. He just rode the train. Was obviouly injured in the final TT when he could not get out of the saddle in the turns.

Horner gets no respect.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
I hope Froome and Contador will fall for tactic contention between themselves which would let Andy take a few stages.

naaaahh.. i don't think so. At least if Contador can't win TA, he will be hungry to win the mountain stage.

TRENDING THREADS