• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tirreno - Adriatico

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BillytheKid said:
With Schleck in is Horner out? They still have not named the team. Meanwhile
Perhaps Schleck will replace Hondo or Roulston. Not Horner, no way José. :)

RADIOSHACK LEOPARD LUX
151 CANCELLARA Fabian SUI
152 DEVOLDER Stijn BEL
153 HONDO Danilo GER
154 HORNER Christopher USA
155 NIZZOLO Giacomo ITA
156 POPOVYCH Yaroslav UKR
157 RAST Grégory SUI
158 ROULSTON Hayden NZL
DIRECTOR: ANDERSEN Kim

http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=59752

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
You missed pais vasco last year?

Yeah, Pais Vasco was a good win for him. No ones talking him up this year, so it would be pretty cool to see him slip through and get another one, especially with him targeting the Giro this year. I'm hoping he shows some good form heading into it.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
greenedge said:
LBL would be a good victory for Samu- if he shows good form beforehand i would be willing to say he would be in the top 5 or so favourites.

He'll probably do the usual stealth approach towards a GT. That means he won't do much until Romandie, finishing top 30-ish there. Then who knows what he can do in the Giro. But until now he hasn't shown great form, so I doubt if he'll be visible in Tirreno.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
Perhaps Schleck will replace Hondo or Roulston. Not Horner, no way José. :)

RADIOSHACK LEOPARD LUX
151 CANCELLARA Fabian SUI
152 DEVOLDER Stijn BEL
153 HONDO Danilo GER
154 HORNER Christopher USA
155 NIZZOLO Giacomo ITA
156 POPOVYCH Yaroslav UKR
157 RAST Grégory SUI
158 ROULSTON Hayden NZL
DIRECTOR: ANDERSEN Kim

http://biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=59752

Yes, your right. Horner Tweet; On my way to Tirreno. Lots of great miles in the legs and massages from http://www.sdsmacupuncture.com to keep them going. Time to start racing!

Also said finish he finished a 4-hour moto-pace sessson the day before.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My guess is no Andy at all. That still would be a conflict. Schleck cannot lower himself to race for Horner. Same formula as last year.
It will be interesting to see how he compares to Contador and Froome if he's fully protect as the GC man. He's smart enough to keep himself close and if the two mark each other....? Nibali will be spoiling for it to.

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
There is a TTT this year no? If yes, I think Sky will get the win with radioshack second. Not sure which other teams have good time trialists in the race.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
gruppeto993 said:
There is a TTT this year no? If yes, I think Sky will get the win with radioshack second. Not sure which other teams have good time trialists in the race.

Sky's team has a lot of climbers, so I'm not sure they can win it. I'd say OPQS, Radioshack, and Saxo have a good chance of taking it. BMC also doesn't look too bad.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
My guess is no Andy at all. That still would be a conflict. Schleck cannot lower himself to race for Horner. Same formula as last year.
It will be interesting to see how he compares to Contador and Froome if he's fully protect as the GC man. He's smart enough to keep himself close and if the two mark each other....? Nibali will be spoiling for it to.

I hope he is not riding 5 miles behind the peloton.:D:D Sure he might finish, but what the use of it if he is not in the mix with the rest of the peloton. He needs to get his confidence back too by riding in the middle of peloton.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I see some expectations related with Schleck here. They (expectations) look to me more like a reason and excuse for further mocking, than like a genuine interest.
It's obvious that his goal in T-A is just to ride the race. To be in the bunch and get some racing kilometers.
Not what we've been hoping for, but more than it looked like after the Tour Méditerranéen.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
movingtarget said:
I'll be happy to praise Andy when he start performing. He might help Horner. Why not ?
Off course. He was a helper in races he raced so far, as reported. No reason to be different in T-A.

BillytheKid said:
Yes, your right. Horner Tweet; On my way to Tirreno. Lots of great miles in the legs and massages from http://www.sdsmacupuncture.com to keep them going. Time to start racing!

Also said finish he finished a 4-hour moto-pace sessson the day before.
Rast is the odd man out.

RADIOSHACK LEOPARD
151 CANCELLARA Fabian (SUI)
152 DEVOLDER Stijn (BEL)
153 HONDO Danilo (GER)
154 HORNER Christopher (USA)
155 NIZZOLO Giacomo (ITA)
156 POPOVYCH Yaroslav (UKR)
157 SCHLECK Andy (LUX)
158 ROULSTON Hayden (NZL)

http://www.pelotonwatch.com/calendar/2013/worldtour/tirrenoadriatico/startlist.html

TRENDING THREADS