• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 3: Ajaccio - Calvi 146 Km

03-profile.jpg

Will Sagan finally get his first or will a late attack made on the 2nd cat make it to the end?

I don't think the favourites will attack considering there is still plenty of flat after the descent and the TTT will be the following day.

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Another decent looking stage. Sagan and EBH will be the only, even partial sprinters within 10 minutes of this one and Bakelandts wont have it easy. A few will try to drop Sagan on the last climb. I'll go Gilbert or Kwiatowski for the win and no more than 40-50 on the same time up front.

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Would be a surprise if Sagan and his team screw it up again. although a late attack already payed off today so some guys will definitely try again tomorrow and Cannondale might need some help in the final.

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
One of these last two stages couldve done with ending 7 or 8km earlier but this should still be interesting. If it was in reverse Id fancy Sagan but he looks beatable at this one, at least by one or two.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
This one if for Sagan, will just have to make sure no one escapes and rides away with it on the downhill. Also a good opportunity for the opportune attackers, Voeckler or Veilleux perhaps. Hopefully Bakelants keeps yellow.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Id say Sagan if Cannondale didnt look so bad today.

A shame for him really.

A group to form on Cat 2, new yellow jersey as well, Sagan in green.

This stage makes me think of the WC this year with that last hill. I Think some classics guys will punch, form a small group and eventually sprint for the win. If the sprinters trains or even GC contenders give it all to not let them go, i think either Sagan or Greipel will take it. Sagan:D

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Cannondale were **** poor today and would have been nowhere near if not for Garmin chipping in.

Sagan has to hope Bakelants gets over the last climb well, or get aggressive, because I don't see the peloton coming in first without Radioshack bailing out Cannondale.

I say Garmin were the failures. They had no shot at the stage and would have had Yellow had it come to a sprint. Cannondale will get a few wins, will Garmin?

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
nesocip said:
Id say Sagan if Cannondale didnt look so bad today.

A shame for him really.

A group to form on Cat 2, new yellow jersey as well, Sagan in green.

Shame for him he gets paid so much his team can't afford domestiques
emoticon-0122-itwasntme.gif

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Meh, it's still 12k from the top of the last col to the finish. This is going to be a war of attrition. If there's any justice, Sagan should take it but he'll have to rely on other teams to do some chasing if the break gets even a sniff of a chance.

An "old school" Liquigas team (even with a GC contender) would hand this on a plate to the likes of Sagan. How the mighty have fallen....

TRENDING THREADS