• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 3: Ajaccio - Calvi 146 Km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Gugashwill

BANNED
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
3,3 kilometers on 8,1% might be just too much for Sagan, but if Cannondale organizes better than today anyone can be caught in finishing 10 kilometers.
I wouldn't like to see a sprint of a 50-60 men group, something like today would be just fine.
Europcar doesn't hide their ambitions so far. AG2R also.
It could be a day for a French victory.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Lance Armstrong said:
Sagan earns about 500k and is maybe the most underpaid rider in peloton. BMC is offering him 4M per season, according to what I read in media.

Oops I thought he was getting paid similar already. Sorry for talking bull****.

Still it isn't that deep a team. Why so?

Gugashwill

BANNED
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
rghysens said:
If you can survive the Grosse Scheidegg in the tour of Switzerland and win the stage in Grindelwald, while the whole peloton is completely shattered, you don't have to fear a 3.3km @8.1% climb.
It's incomparable.
If he's such a good rider on these kind of climbs, why didn't he target Amstel or LBL?
Don't say: "He targeted cobbles", 'cause it's not the reason.
It simply isn't his cup of tea.

Also, Switzerland isn't France in July.

Gugashwill said:
It's incomparable.
If he's such a good rider on these kind of climbs, why didn't he target Amstel or LBL?

john_stewart_facepalm.jpg

manafana said:
cannondale with sponsorship situation let the team go badly wrong really weak right now, lost some big name riders who would do good work for him. Stage does say Sagan but they do need helping hand from somewhere else too.

They shouldn't have sent Damiano Caruso to the Giro after Basso withdrew. He couldn't do much over there and he will probably be missed big time here.

cycladianpirate said:
Meh, it's still 12k from the top of the last col to the finish. This is going to be a war of attrition. If there's any justice, Sagan should take it but he'll have to rely on other teams to do some chasing if the break gets even a sniff of a chance.

An "old school" Liquigas team (even with a GC contender) would hand this on a plate to the likes of Sagan. How the mighty have fallen....
An old school Liquigas team would attack that descent like they did in the Vuelta a couple of years back. Sadly, they don't have classy riders like Agnoli, Cappechi or Vannotti anymore. What's up with Moser anyway? I saw in the first group but he couldn't really close the deal for Sagan.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Gugashwill said:
It's incomparable.

I am presuming you missed stage 6 of Tirreno - Adriatico ... :p

trevim said:
An old school Liquigas team would attack that descent like they did in the Vuelta a couple of years back. Sadly, they don't have classy riders like Agnoli, Cappechi or Vannotti anymore. What's up with Moser anyway? I saw in the first group but he couldn't really close the deal for Sagan.

If only Moser would find HALF the form he had last year Sagan would be trouble free in his quest for the green...

Cannondale should really step up their game (read: money) a bit for he next seasons.

TRENDING THREADS