• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de Suisse, Stage 9: Bad Ragaz - Flumserberg 26.8 Km

Profile:
profile-09.jpg

Profile of Flumserberg:
Flumserberg.gif

The final showdown!!!

Current GC:
1 (1) FRANK Mathias BMC Racing Team 30:16:02
2 (2) FARIA DA COSTA Rui Alberto Movistar Team 0:13
3 (3) KREUZIGER Roman Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:23
4 (4) PINOT Thibaut Equipe Cycliste FDJ 0:44
5 (5) MOLLEMA Bauke Blanco Pro Cycling Team 0:46
6 (6) VAN GARDEREN Tejay BMC Racing Team 1:17
7 (7) MARTIN Daniel Garmin - Sharp 1:23
8 (9) KANGERT Tanel Astana Pro Team 1:43
9 (10) SPILAK Simon Katusha Team 1:50
10 (8) MEYER Cameron Orica GreenEDGE 2:09

BigMac said:
Average 12% at 10k *drools* :D:eek:

That is wrong. Its 10k at 8.4% according to the profile Net posted.

Also the last MTT i could think of where most of the contenders here participated is the Crans montana MTT from Last years Romandie.

Results:

1 WIGGINS Bradley Sky Procycling 28:56
4 FARIA DA COSTA Rui Alberto Movistar Team +0:23
5 KREUZIGER Roman Astana Pro Team +0:40
8 PINOT Thibaut Equipe Cycliste FDJ - BigMat +0:52
10 BRAJKOVIč Janez Astana Pro Team +0:55
11 SPILAK Simon Katusha Team +1:01
15 MARTIN Daniel Team Garmin - Barracuda +1:08
24 MOLLEMA Bauke Rabobank Cycling Team +1:26

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:
If we're talking ~900m elevation in 10km then that is a tough MTT. Anyone care to estimate the gaps?

Gaps? 26km with that climb is like doing 40K so expect times around 50minutes. I think somebody like TJVG can get up to two minutes on Frank. I expect 2 min gap between the winner and 10th place. Obviously guys not in contention will take it easy so you have about 20 guys going all out.

theyoungest said:
Don't forget Tejay.

yes. if things happen as they should (ie nothing clinic related) tj should win tour de Suisse handily. He is by far the best ttist at the front of gc and this course goes to his strengths. He annihilated it at toc.

It amazed me that people questioned him going with the leaders two days ago. It was the only tactical thing to do to keep BMc in the running.

theyoungest said:
Don't forget Tejay. He needs to make up little more than a minute on Frank. He'll do that on the flat part alone. Probably on Costa and Mollema as well.

I think he and Pinot are already on the outsiders category imo. Particularly because i don't think he can make all that time on 16 flat k and keep it on the climb, but only because of that.

Big Doopie said:
yes. if things happen as they should (ie nothing clinic related) tj should win tour de Suisse handily. He is by far the best ttist at the front of gc and this course goes to his strengths. He annihilated it at toc.

It amazed me that people questioned him going with the leaders two days ago. It was the only tactical thing to do to keep BMc in the running.

So let me see if i follow your line of thought.

If the rider you want to win wins, its because they are clean. If not, its because the guy who won is doping?

uhhmm . . . ok. Anyway take it to the clinic if you want.

Back on topic:

Wasn't the climb on the ToC itt shorter and the flatter part longer? I don't recall it very well.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Don't forget Tejay. He needs to make up little more than a minute on Frank. He'll do that on the flat part alone. Probably on Costa and Mollema as well.

Tejay is the better TT'er by far and doesnt count as a contender. Even arriving at Suisse after an exhibition in the TT of California.

Then people say he's not underestimated:eek::eek:

Also Mollema counts and Pinot not... why? I dont know. Maybe i have to remember it's a MTT.

Here are two guys super overrated, which are Costa and Mollema, and other two guys which are "hated" (not the correct word though,, but you can understand) by some unknown reason. And this is not all caused by the comment of Parrulo...

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
Here are two guys super overrated, which are Costa and Mollema, and other two guys which are "hated" (not the correct word though,, but you can understand) by some unknown reason. And this is not all caused by the comment of Parrulo...

Are you trying to get yourself banned? ;)

On a more serious note, Pinot will lose a lot in the flat first half of the TT, he can't contend FTW. TJVG however, can still win the race like you mentioned, if he has a really good day. He climbs better in TT's(even on steep climbs) than he does in outright mountain stages.

TRENDING THREADS