• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour du Haut Var (16th-17th February)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
I don't get how Oss didn't manage to win this stage. I assume he did no work, and still got nowhere close to Boom in the sprint.
Oss has a very unimpressive sprint after long hard days. I think it was in Tour de Suisse or something last year or so when he was with a 5 man breakaway into the finish, and he managed to be last in a sprint versus climbers...

theyoungest said:
I don't get how Oss didn't manage to win this stage. I assume he did no work, and still got nowhere close to Boom in the sprint.

Cause he's fast and wins a lot of races right?
Well actually not. He never wins. Even races he's supposed to win. Remember last year Tour de Suisse?

Last time he won, it was actually a gift from Viviani.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
The Tour de Suisse case wan't really a case of being slow.. that was just a lesson in how not to race in a breakaway. But generally he is pretty fast, but Oss's strengths (at least according to him) lie on the cobbles.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Caruut said:
So he said last year and came like 126th or something.

EDIT: My bad, 60th.

He gave a tonne of excuses about it, he has a monthly column in Procycling and every month all he goes on about are the classics. He was pretty devastated after his poor showings, but he is determined to have a go this year and if you want I can dig up his excuses for his performances last year. :p

SafeBet said:
Cause he's fast and wins a lot of races right?
Well actually not. He never wins. Even races he's supposed to win. Remember last year Tour de Suisse?

Last time he won, it was actually a gift from Viviani.
No, he doesn't win a lot... actually, why do people rate him?

Anyway, I thought he'd be a bit faster, especially after sitting on.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
No, he doesn't win a lot... actually, why do people rate him?

He was 9th in MSR, that's a pretty good result. But he hasn't shown much else in the classics, BMC signed him mostly just for a good classic and sprint domestique. Can't see him getting to a level where he'll be given leadership in any of the big races though.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Well Oss was Sagan's best doemstique last year in classics in general ( it's not like that was hard in that Liquigas classics squad but Sagan has valued him very much so ). He's a really good dom right now, has potential to be more than a domesituqe. But we'll have to wait and see.

TRENDING THREADS