2013 Tour du Haut Var (16th-17th February)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
I don't get how Oss didn't manage to win this stage. I assume he did no work, and still got nowhere close to Boom in the sprint.
Oss has a very unimpressive sprint after long hard days. I think it was in Tour de Suisse or something last year or so when he was with a 5 man breakaway into the finish, and he managed to be last in a sprint versus climbers...

Oct 30, 2011
Strange, I remember being quite impressed with his leadouts for Sagan in Cali last year.

theyoungest said:
I don't get how Oss didn't manage to win this stage. I assume he did no work, and still got nowhere close to Boom in the sprint.
Cause he's fast and wins a lot of races right?
Well actually not. He never wins. Even races he's supposed to win. Remember last year Tour de Suisse?

Last time he won, it was actually a gift from Viviani.

Dec 30, 2011
The Tour de Suisse case wan't really a case of being slow.. that was just a lesson in how not to race in a breakaway. But generally he is pretty fast, but Oss's strengths (at least according to him) lie on the cobbles.

Dec 30, 2011
Caruut said:
So he said last year and came like 126th or something.

EDIT: My bad, 60th.
He gave a tonne of excuses about it, he has a monthly column in Procycling and every month all he goes on about are the classics. He was pretty devastated after his poor showings, but he is determined to have a go this year and if you want I can dig up his excuses for his performances last year. :p

Jan 11, 2010
SafeBet said:
Cause he's fast and wins a lot of races right?
Well actually not. He never wins. Even races he's supposed to win. Remember last year Tour de Suisse?

Last time he won, it was actually a gift from Viviani.
No, he doesn't win a lot... actually, why do people rate him?

Anyway, I thought he'd be a bit faster, especially after sitting on.

Jan 11, 2010
Kwibus said:
Im thinking Dekker wont be much of a factor in cycling anymore. Hope im wrong, its still early season.
Garmin did some chasing today, as they weren't represented in the break. Dekker probably was the first in line, as he was already gone on GC.

Aug 16, 2011
theyoungest said:
No, he doesn't win a lot... actually, why do people rate him?
He was 9th in MSR, that's a pretty good result. But he hasn't shown much else in the classics, BMC signed him mostly just for a good classic and sprint domestique. Can't see him getting to a level where he'll be given leadership in any of the big races though.

Apr 10, 2011
Well Oss was Sagan's best doemstique last year in classics in general ( it's not like that was hard in that Liquigas classics squad but Sagan has valued him very much so ). He's a really good dom right now, has potential to be more than a domesituqe. But we'll have to wait and see.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS