• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 13: Valls→Castelldefels (169 Km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
edet is 1 pt behind roche and 4 pts behind horner in the KOM competition.

He must come atleast in the top 3 in the cat 1 climb. if horner comes 5th or roche comes 4th, then he needs to be in the top-2.

expecting a change of jersey today, unless roche and horner have other ideas.

The first intermediate sprint is before the next climb. a break will be lucky to cross it in one piece, esp after people have seen basso and roche cutting time.

my call for the day: vino option

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
There are six leaders on the road now;

Eddy Hagen, Jan Barta, Bauke Mollema, Yannick Eijssen, Dennis Vanendert and Mitchell Docker

Flecha and Morkov try to bridge the gap

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
sorry about that qn reg mollema. i thought he was somewhere in top-20. didnt know tht he had lost 30+ min.

can anton sprint?

58 km, and no established break? wasn't this supposed to be the first chance for a break to actually stick?

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Arredondo said:
Abandon De La Cruz

that makes it 5 for the stage, i think.

btw, is the abandons page of lavuelta working for anyone? i think around 20 riders have abandoned by now, but i don't know who some of them are.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
Which is why it hasn't been established yet...

they sould have let teams that dont have representation to add riders and leave it like that, right?

or was it the presence of the likes of EBH sanchez, that ruined the break?

murali said:
they sould have let teams that dont have representation to add riders and leave it like that, right?

or was it the presence of the likes of EBH sanchez, that ruined the break?
It's the fact that a lot of riders want to be in the break. So if Saxo wants a rider in the break, but doesn't have one, they will try to pull the break back, and so forth.

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
New break:

6. Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita), Ag2r, at 2:44 :D:D*
36. Bauke Mollema (Ned), Belkin, at 30:22
41. Amets Txurruka (Spa), Caja Rural, at 35:04

*That's going nowhere!!!

The Ds's should have an early morning meeting, picking one guy to go in the break that is not a threat on GC, so that each team has a representative.

Perhaps also select the winner so that each team can have a stage win. Eh, I need to think less or was it wright less? I'm confused again.:eek:

TRENDING THREADS