• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 3: Vigo - Mirador de Lobeira 184.8 Km

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 3: Vigo - Mirador de Lobeira 184.8 Km

Profile:
3_perfil.png

Map:
mapa3.jpg

Final kms:
3uk.png

Map of final:
9eX4O.jpg

GC:
U9fJZ.jpg

Weather:
etp3.gif

Weather:
There will be sunny weather in all the journey again with clear sky.

Winds:
Wind will be light at general, but rather strong on the coastal road stretches. It will blow Northeasterly in all journey. The wind will be from variable directions for the cyclists because this very variable journey, sometimes contrary, sometimes favourable for the cyclists and sometimes from both sides.

Temperatures:
Mild temperatures in this day. They will oscillate between 24ºC and 26ºC.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
How tough is that final climb?

is it possible for someone, say j-rod, to attack at the base of the climb and win the stage?

Will Valverde find a way to **** this up again?
In case he does, I tip ulissi for the win. Positioning will be crucial in the last climb. Today Ulissi wanted to go earlier but was behind plenty of riders and there was no room to overtake them.
Styby is another guy who could do well.

Hoping for crosswinds obviously.

I hope the finish is resurfaced. This is from 2011 and the road is very narrow:

lQLwS.jpg

EDIT:

This is from where they go from the steeper part to the easier part (Left is the road they would take if they continued on the steep part, right is the direction they take which is the easy part):
FS8bw.jpg

MatParker117 said:
Not ruling out Eddy Bos here. How steep was that hill in the tour last year which he was second to Sagan on?
That was barely a kilometre. He has done well on finishes like this before, for instance in Dauphine last year, but I think he needs a couple of days more in his legs before he'll be able to contest for the victory.