• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 - 98th Ronde van Vlaanderen, 259km, Sunday 6th April (1.UWT)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Race Map

m89zI6p.png

8ZMbzRd.png

Startlist:

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Ronde_van_Vlaanderen_2014-Startlist

25R6hcf.jpg

Previous Winners

2013 | CANCELLARA Fabian
2012 | BOONEN Tom
2011 | NUYENS Nick
2010 | CANCELLARA Fabian
2009 | DEVOLDER Stijn
2008 | DEVOLDER Stijn
2007 | BALLAN Alessandro
2006 | BOONEN Tom
2005 | BOONEN Tom
2004 | WESEMANN Steffen

jvgR4rx.png

2013 - 97th Ronde van Vlaanderen - Results

1. Fabian Cancellara (Swi) RadioShack Leopard 6:06:01
2. Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale Pro Cycling 0:01:27
3. Jurgen Roelandts (Bel) Lotto Belisol 0:01:29
4. Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Katusha 0:01:39
5. Matthieu Ladagnous (Fra) FDJ
6. Heinrich Haussler (Aus) IAM Cycling
7. Greg Van Avermaet (Bel) BMC Racing Team
8. Sébastien Turgot (Fra) Team Europcar
9. John Degenkolb (Ger) Team Argos-Shimano
10. Sebastian Langeveld (Ned) Orica-GreenEdge
11. Lars Boom (Ned) Blanco Pro Cycling Team
12. Daniel Oss (Ita) BMC Racing Team
13. Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Omega Pharma-Quick Step
14. Stijn Vandenbergh (Bel) Omega Pharma-Quick Step
15. Oscar Gatto (Ita) Vini Fantini-Selle Italia

Coverage
Start Time: Sunday April 6th 10:30 CET
Earliest live video: 12:30 CET (Eurosport)
Approximate Finish: 16:40 CET

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
It's Cancellara race's to lose, I would be happier if some new school generation rider like Stybar, Vanmarcke or Sagan manage to take the win.

Lars Boom is recovered and will take part in the race.

One of the more impressive riders recently:
Tour-Of-Alberta-Stage-2-2-1.jpg

will once again be active at the front, but not quite at the right time.

So what about the Gaudin+Turgot monster? Nah, they will keep the powder dry for PR methinks.

And Stannard is too hurt to open the party. Damn.

Instead I'm going with Sagan with Vanmarcke second. But it will be tough against the Devo/Cancellara duo. The Steppers will botch the job when it really matters.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Canc and Sagan the big favorites, but i expect Boonen as a strong third. He rode the best sprint in GW, and he said he felt well during the race.

The big four: Canc, Boonen, Sagan and Vanmarcke
The not quite so big remaining six: Terpstra, Paolini, Thomas, Devolder, Vandenbergh and Stybar

My dark horse: Pozzato (he has to show something right?)

The race should be at least more open than last year, so that doesn't benefit Cancellara. I'm very curious what Devolder's role will be. Is he 100% committed or is a 2009 copy going through his mind?

Anyway, I think Cancellara will be the strongest rider of the day, but in the end Sagan will take it in the sprint from a select group.

Spartacus for the win. His few good teammates could cost him, but think he will be strong enough to manage.

Hopefully Boonen will be strong, would be good for the race. And would be nice, if Chavanel showed something as team captain in new team.

Otherwise it would be fun to see one of the very dark horses do wel, like: Hushovd, Pozzato, or Haussler:cool:

They need to bring back the Muur. Ugh.

Set up for a match between Boonen, Sagan and Cancellara. Fabian will have to drop them on the Kwaremont or Paterberg. Boonen vs Sagan in a sprint in a very small group would get really interesting though.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
EvansIsTheBest said:
I'll be rooting for Boonen and Degenkolb. I guess Devolder trolling his way to a record-equalling third victory would be pretty awesome too :D

Given QS's options I imagine they'll have someone marking Devolder. Boonen can outsprint Cance so why not have a lieutenant sit on Devolders wheel and not work. I can think of a few who could do it.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait, one of my favorite races of the year.

Would love to see Sagan finally grab himself a monument. But Cancellara was looking in great form at E3 even if he didn't win it. Cance the big favorite IMO. Would honestly be fine with either of them winning it.

Would also like to see Stybar, Roelandts, and Le Bon do well .

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I am rooting for a crazy early move from Devolder and cracking the final open with 100km to go. I just hope we won't get a borefest like last year, who wins is less important to me.