• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tirreno Adriatico, Stage 7: San Benedetto del Tronto TT (9.1 Km)

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
King Boonen said:
Long meeting, missed the end. No way Berto was full gas, no need to push it so why give the opposition any clues to TT form.

Krueziger might have been full and Quintana probably was.

why? he doesn't want to scare froome? sounds nonsense

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
King Boonen said:
Long meeting, missed the end. No way Berto was full gas, no need to push it so why give the opposition any clues to TT form.

Krueziger might have been full and Quintana probably was.

if you sa whim over teh finish it's clear he went full gas.

Guybrush said:
why? he doesn't want to scare froome? sounds nonsense

How would it scare him? The performance so far gives Froome something to measure himself against and Froome is clearly capable of keeping up with him in the mountains.

Better to make Froome worry about the climbs and focus on that than let him know the TT will also be a push.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
King Boonen said:
Yeah, no-one in the history of cycling has ever faked looking tired have they...

homer-facepalm-7115.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
willbick said:
how does Quintana go so well on a short flat TT? i mean he beat Sagan ffs! im not hinting at anything, i simply find it amazing! (and yes i know he's a v talented rider but he's 50kg for god's sake!!)

Sagan probably wasn't pushing it too much, and Quintana probably was going all out to maintain his 2nd.

The time trial being only 9 Km's also helps. He'd be farther back in a flat long time trial. Quintana's not necessarily a bad time trialer. He's not of the level of say Froome or Contador (in his prime), but definitely not of the level of Purito or Schleck either.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
willbick said:
how does Quintana go so well on a short flat TT? i mean he beat Sagan ffs! im not hinting at anything, i simply find it amazing! (and yes i know he's a v talented rider but he's 50kg for god's sake!!)

I think he's really working to improve the biggest weakness in his game. Clearly, something is working, as I don't think anyone expected him to best Contador and Kreuziger today.

Afrank said:
Sagan probably wasn't pushing it too much, and Quintana probably was going all out to maintain his 2nd.

The time trial being only 9 Km's also helps. He'd be farther back in a flat long time trial. Quintana's not necessarily a bad time trialer. He's not of the level of say Froome or Contador (in his prime), but definitely not of the level of Purito or Schleck either.

True. Also Movi is going very well in TT this year. New bikes and probably specific training to improve.