• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France July 19, Stage 14: Grenoble - Risoul 177km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
This is a stage that i would relly love to watch, but I am going to miss almost the entire stage.
:(

After yest, i'm going to say Rogers or Majka FTW.

this is going to be two races, one abt GC, and one abt stage win.

Expecting a very strong break to form. if Katusha hadnt put pressure, di marchi or bakelants wud have won yesterday. So i just hope purito or someone from katusha gets into the damn break.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
if i'd be richie, today i would go full landis on morzine

probably purito will take it from the breakaway
nibali to attack in the last 4 kms of risoul, take another minute on everyone

Attack again?:eek:

inthepink said:
TJ Van Garderen did alot of pulling of Roman Bardet today and when they crossed the line Bardet thanked TJ

Rafal Majka is not a team player in my book ( had a fit when asked to ride the Tour and threw a strop at team , did no work in first 10 days and left it to Roche & Rodgers to be both flat & mountain doms..They also rode the Giro) and then came out today and is suddenly 2nd on stage ...what happened to the tiredness all of a sudden...seemed to go when he was going for personal glory
He then jumped Koneig on the line when Koneig did l all the work up the climb....He never even thanked him or mentioned him.....

I am not a fan ....

That is just plain wrong. The plan was always that he should ude the first week to ride himself into some good rythm and on the Gerardmer stage he did plenty of work.

alin.constantin89 said:
I can agree that with Contandor still IN would have been a great battle with Nibali but Froome was already dead, only 3rd place for him in this tour.

Without the crashes that actually caused his injuries in the first place Froome would have been right there with Nibali and Contador, no doubt. I can only hope that all 3 plus Quintana get to the Tour safe next year so we can have a brilliant battle.

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
Without the crashes that actually caused his injuries in the first place Froome would have been right there with Nibali and Contador, no doubt. I can only hope that all 3 plus Quintana get to the Tour safe next year so we can have a brilliant battle.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, those crashes...Dauphine first then here with some cobblestones to ride next...to difficult...

Coat-O said:
He made ONE move where he jumped on König's wheel. That's not aggressive to me.

But by Majka's standards that's aggressive. :eek:

I see today as being similar to the second Pyrenean stage last year. There will be a large number of attackers on the way to the Lauteret. Saxo and Sky will be trying to rescue their tour. Purito, Mike Snow and Majka are among the favourites to be up there. Movistar will be looking to put a guy or two in the break. The Astana train looks vulnerable, especially after Birdsong's crash. Nibali may well be isolated on the Izoard, but even if he is I don't think anyone is strong enough to finish off the job.

What I hope. Mike Snow will be rested after Brailsford's genius, farsighted tactic of allowing him to ride up the final climb at Porte's pace, in order to let him off the leash today.

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
If Nibali feels good, he should try to take another 30 seconds out of his opponents. After this stage there is a flat stage and a rest day. You never know...Pyrenees are harder than the alps...Port de Bales then day after Pla d'Adet and the next day Hautacam. One bad day and you easily lose a couple of minutes.
Or Valverde comes into better form and Nibali just loses a little bit like Froome last year. Important to have a gap of 4+ minutes, just like Froome had 5 minutes last year.

TRENDING THREADS