• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France July 19, Stage 14: Grenoble - Risoul 177km

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 20, 2014
Visit site
kingjr said:
Yes, zero effort. It's so easy to follow wheels uphill, doesn't matter if it's the best climber left in the race.
I just meant he was hoping Nibali will go for the stage. Nibali tryed to lose him once, didn't get rid of him, and then gave him none of that.

Nibali ' also would have won this stage if there wasnt an early break, that pretty obvius with the climb-pace he put in the last 5k's..

but huge cadeau to Majka, and Saxo Tinkoff, and that they finally got a stagewin after a couple of 2-places on the uphill stages.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Publicus said:
Im enjoying the emergencd of the young guns Bardet, Pinot and TJVG. Hopefully they continue to progress. Would love to see 2 of the 3 on the podium

Emergence? Pinot and Tejay definitely emerged a year or two ago. Pinot with tour stage win, and Tejay with Top 5 at Tour.

Also, btw that is absoutely great. Fantastic!

@Big_D_on_twit: Hahaha: the FDJ car passing alongside Valverde http://replygif.net/i/1372.gif #epic

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Damn Nibali is strong. Of course way too strong.

Without Nibali, Froome and Contador in this race it would be epic. Anybody with enough cash should bribe those guys to stay away in the future.

Good ride by Majka, who saved himself for the final few stages.

Valverde very human these days.

Porte back to normal.

https://twitter.com/Movistar_Team/status/490518713133961216

Pinot bumped Valverde's bike and he got in trouble with his gears. He couldn't use his small ring.

icefire said:
https://twitter.com/Movistar_Team/status/490518713133961216

Pinot bumped Valverde's bike and he got in trouble with his gears. He couldn't use his small ring.

tumblr_mu113c3uNp1ql56ddo1_500.gif

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess Bardet and Pinot will podium.

Valverde isn't in his best shape and they will murder Teejay in the Pyrenees.

Or alternatively they could keep on fighting eachother and Peraud and Teejay will end up on the podium after the final TT. :p

Maaaaaaaarten said:
I guess Bardet and Pinot will podium.

Valverde isn't in his best shape and they will murder Teejay in the Pyrenees.

Or alternatively they could keep on fighting eachother and Peraud and Teejay will end up on the podium after the final TT. :p

Van Garderen was stronger than both today and stronger than Bardet yesterday.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
1. ITA NIBALI Vincenzo 41 ASTANA PRO TEAM 61h 52' 54''
2. ESP VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro 11 MOVISTAR TEAM 61h 57' 31'' + 04' 37''
3. FRA BARDET Romain 82 AG2R LA MONDIALE 61h 57' 44'' + 04' 50''
4. FRA PINOT Thibaut 127 FDJ.FR 61h 58' 00'' + 05' 06''
5. USA VAN GARDEREN Tejay 141 BMC RACING TEAM 61h 58' 43'' + 05' 49''
6. FRA PÉRAUD Jean-Christophe 81 AG2R LA MONDIALE 61h 59' 02'' + 06' 08''
7. NED MOLLEMA Bauke 61 BELKIN PRO CYCLING 62h 01' 27'' + 08' 33''
8. CZE KONIG Leopold 201 TEAM NETAPP-ENDURA 62h 02' 26'' + 09' 32''
9. NED TEN DAM Laurens 67 BELKIN PRO CYCLING 62h 02' 55'' + 10' 01''
10. FRA ROLLAND Pierre 151 TEAM EUROPCAR 62h 03' 42'' + 10' 48''

:eek: if you said this was the top 10 of the Criterium International I'd believe you

Pretty epic time gaps for Col de l'Ospedale

Flamin said:
Major snoozefest. Things looked promising when ag2r started pushing on the descent, but when Gastauer kept pulling and pulling on Risoul, it was obvious nothing was going to happen.

ag2r didn't commit resources up that penu climb. They should have taken over from NetApp. Drilled it hard for further selection and removal of support riders before the top.
Better chance on the descent. But they didn't want to take the risk.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Impressive win for Majka,he showed he's a fighter after all.After this stage i got to admit that Nibali is way too strong,he's got this in his pocket,only a disaster can stop him from winning now,chapeau that he's still attacking given his healthy lead.

TRENDING THREADS