• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 6: Arras–Reim (194km)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
2014 Tour de France, Stage 6: Arras–Reim (194km)

2w5q9go.jpg

5cei5f.jpg

Obvious Kittel win is obvious, next.

Abdou won the Reims bunch sprint '91 after 286km here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OEQWj_7oIk#t=1175

Pretty regular, at the front with 500m to go.

vvvvvvv

There are opportunities along the route today especially after yesterday. Some may be much stronger than others. A good Rouleur with great legs can make a difference here methinks.

Or it will be another desk job with 2 PCT riders in a break making Kittel's task easy.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I think even in a bunch sprint Kittel wont win.

After going into the red on Tuesday and then the cobbles yesterday I am sure he will be knackered.

In addition the final ramp today will probably be hit at full pelt which could drop Kittel anyway.

Do not think today is one for the breakaway but would like to see an OPQS or FDJ win today please.

Fight.The.Power said:

After going into the red on Tuesday and then the cobbles yesterday I am sure he will be knackered.

In addition the final ramp today will probably be hit at full pelt which could drop Kittel anyway.

Do not think today is one for the breakaway but would like to see an OPQS or FDJ win today please.

Ramp?

It climbs 4m in the last km :confused:

Fight.The.Power said:

Is it a ramp or short 6% hill where you can't drop anyone?

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Lance Armstrong said:
Is it a ramp or short 6% hill where you can't drop anyone?

MartinGT said:
Ramp?

It climbs 4m in the last km :confused:

Sorry I explained myself like a Martian eating honey. :eek:

I meant that Category 4 followed by the uncategorised climb 40km from the end.

I think there is a chance this could drop Kittel but it is arguable.

Fight.The.Power said:
Sorry I explained myself like a Martian eating honey. :eek:

I meant that Category 4 followed by the uncategorised climb 40km from the end.

I think there is a chance this could drop Kittel but it is arguable.

Kittel in top shape is not so easy to get dropped on little climbs. Let's not forget he was dropped after Greipel and Demare on stage 2. And last year he was climbing better then Cave and Greipel. For sure he wont get dropped today, might even survive tommorow.

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
What about Renshaw today. Do people think he will be there today after yesterdays heavy performance??

Or will they maybe let Petacchi have his chance?

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I expect the Lottos, FDJs, OPQSs and Cannondales to keep going full genius and do once more, for the heck of it, the GIANTs' job, only for Kittel to smash them into the ground hulk style. Expect a victory as confortable as the London one...

If this 4 teams had a tiny bit of a brain they would put someone in the breakaway and let the Giants to the work.. but alas, it is well known you want to keep all your riders for your own train...

veji11 said:
I expect the Lottos, FDJs, OPQSs and Cannondales to keep going full genius and do once more, for the heck of it, the GIANTs' job, only for Kittel to smash them into the ground hulk style. Expect a victory as confortable as the London one...

If this 4 teams had a tiny bit of a brain they would put someone in the breakaway and let the Giants to the work.. but alas, it is well known you want to keep all your riders for your own train...

Giant won't let anyone from the other sprint teams in the break anyway