• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour Down Under Stage 5: McLaren Vale -> Wilunga Hill, 151.5km (2.WT)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Pity we don't have a final stage with a couple of hills along the way.
Ok, a city crit ain't too bad either, at least for the local.

Great racing at the end and overall it's been a quite enjoyable week but this is the letdown of the race.

Not so sure we should be having a crit to finish this off when it's only a 6 day week race. I can understand it for a GT as it's a time to lap it all up with a pat on the back after 3 tough weeks but not a big fan of it here.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Would be great if they went for the bonus seconds tomorrow with the GC gaps being so small even with it being a crit. Doubt they will though.

gooner said:
Great racing at the end and overall it's been a quite enjoyable week but this is the letdown of the race.

Not so sure we should be having a crit to finish this off when it's only a 6 day week race. I can understand it for a GT as it's a time to lap it all up with a pat on the back after 3 tough weeks but not a big fan of it here.

Sure, but I kind of understand the reason for it. Besides you and I, who will hang around in the middle of the night.

Maybe next year they should swap days - Saturday in the City, Sunday at Willunga, with one beach loop removed and two extra climbs of the hill. That wont happen though as they want the City finish for the crowds and the Corporate freeloaders.

As it stands now, it favours Sprinters who can climb reasonably. The climbs are not long enough to open up big gaps.

Good to see Porte redeem what he lost the other day.

Yes, will Evans, Porte etc contest the sprints tomorrow?