• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Vuelta a España, Stage 2: Algeciras → San Fernando (174.4 km)

2014 Vuelta a España, Stage 2: Algeciras → San Fernando (174.4 km)

Vuelta-a-Espana-Stage-2-1408361038.png

2_perfil.png

Final km's
Vuelta-a-Espana-Stage-2-1408357880.png

Unfortunatley, it doesn't look like the wind is going to play ball.
etp2.png

with 10s on the line, this is a fairly big chance for a couple of sprinters to grab Red.

Sagan, Matthews and Stuyven.

Other than that, the bump in the morning will give somebody a trip to the podium in the afternoon. I hope they record that morning action and play it during the dullness of the flat part later in the day.

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Although he is not the fastest, I think Sagan will take the win.

How many bonus seconds gets the winner? He could take the jersey today.

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
In a head to head, I see Guardini at least as fast as Bouhanni, even stronger if he is in top form. But he is not a master of positioning.

174 km completely flat...it won't take any of the blistering power away that Guardini possesses. I go with Guardini.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Knowing the dominant wind direction in that region, this stage should have been raced in the opposite direction. Nevertheless, main wind direction for the last part of the stage is from sea to land, and that's mostly sideways as they race around the Bay of Cádiz. Let's hope the strength and the unprotected areas are enough.

Edit: wind speed around 18 km/h today at 17:00 in Cádiz

http://www.eltiempo.es/viento/

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Juice said:
In a head to head, I see Guardini at least as fast as Bouhanni, even stronger if he is in top form. But he is not a master of positioning.

174 km completely flat...it won't take any of the blistering power away that Guardini possesses. I go with Guardini.
Interesting,good point.I wonder if Guardini will position himself,but it should be more interesting than giro sprints:)

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Break of the day:

Javier ARAMENDIA (Caja)
Jacques VAN RENSBURG (MTN)
Kristian SBARAGLI (MTN)
Valerio CONTI (Lampre)
Romain HARDY (Cofidis)
Nathan HAAS (Garmin)

They have a gap of 2.25 on the peloton.

Sbaragli is on the front, so they are going for Ciolek today.

TRENDING THREADS