• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Vuelta a España, Stage 2: Algeciras → San Fernando (174.4 km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Coat-O said:
How hard is the last bump tommorow?

I remember last year on stage 4 when everyone thought it was Matthews who was going to win, but it happened to be Moreno.

Perhaps some of the explosive climbers could go for the bonus seconds.

1.5 km at 4.5% but slightly downhill the last 300m

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Interesting stage tomorrow. 2 climbs between 80 km to go and 50 km to go. First one has 5.5 km at 5,8 % until it gets into a false flat and the second one 4.4 km at 6.25 %. At the finish another little bump. Surely Cannondale pushes to get rid of Bouhanni and a couple of other fast guys on those climbs.

No_Balls said:
Its already been established that he'll here for preparation for the Worlds. He is likely to try to win a stage+stages and pull out.

I knew what they had said before the Vuelta but with Sagan you never know.

It coud be tempting to win 2 greens in one year. Not sprinting for stage win today was quite suprising to me. It is sure now that WCRR is top priority. Vuelta is just training.

Let´s see how will he rides tommorow.

TRENDING THREADS