• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Vuelta Stage 3: Cadiz - Arcos de la Frontera

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
personal said:
Evans did well. Tomorrow he could repeat.
No comments?
Yes. It's similar to that stage he won in Australia. But I'm not sure if they are ready to "sacrifice" him for a stage win.

Commentators and bookmakers always tend to overestimate sprinters' abilities. Today Degenkolb was named favorite by the cycling's social media, but it was way too hard for him.

Matthews is the favorite IMO, but if Valverde has recovered from his crash, this could be a good stage for him as well.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
He actually complained about the Arenberg stage afterwards too because it rained and he couldn't ride cobbles like he normally does. The man is a complete tool

To add up, the day before, he praised the inclusion of the cobbles and criticized those who were complaining. After failing both to win the stage and place Schleck Sr. well overall, he started moaning and contradicted himself just like that.

Orbit501 said:
I take everyone's point about Spartacus, but 37 degrees is rather taking the pish don't you think.

Yes, yes, I know it happens in other races too, but doesn't make it right.

1) They (riders, teams) knew it before hand (or should have known it).

2) They can just ride slower if it's too hard for them.

3) They are free to drink enough water/cool themselves down with water.

4) I think the organizers even allowed the riders to take a bottle for longer than usual (within the last 20km).

Heat is a (not uncommon) part of the race. Deal with it.

BigMac said:
To add up, the day before, he praised the inclusion of the cobbles and criticized those who were complaining. After failing both to win the stage and place Schleck Sr. well overall, he started moaning and contradicted himself just like that.
It's a tradition from back when they still rode for Riis, him and the Schlecks, always b.tchin' and moanin'. Unless they can profit from the situation themselves.

TRENDING THREADS