• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Critérium du Dauphiné, stage 1: Ugine > Albertville

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
In an interview, Nibali stated that the Dauphine last year initated his sporting "resurrection". He came to the Dauphine, he saw he could not follow repeated 30s mountain sprints with recovery at threshold, he had Slongo accelerate away from him on a motorbike in training, he conquered the Tour.

Given that Nibali presumably remembers this lesson, it could be that has already done a bit of motorbike training. He may well do better than we expect.

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re:

lemon cheese cake said:
Who out of Boeckmans and A Giant Shimano rider won a stage last year?

Nikias Arndt won stage 3 last year but Mezgec is Giant-Alpecin's chosen sprinter this year coming off the Giro (where he wasn't at his best compared to Modolo or Nizzolo for example).

Boeckmans is quicker than people think,not Cav/Greipel quick but still fast enough to challenge for a stage here.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
In an interview, Nibali stated that the Dauphine last year initated his sporting "resurrection". He came to the Dauphine, he saw he could not follow repeated 30s mountain sprints with recovery at threshold, he had Slongo accelerate away from him on a motorbike in training, he conquered the Tour.

Given that Nibali presumably remembers this lesson, it could be that has already done a bit of motorbike training. He may well do better than we expect.

No. The motorbike awaits with Slongo included in the Dolomites after Dauphine. He is here to check out Froome, his shape in competition, some stages that will also be in Le Tour and the TTT. Apart from Birdsong the core of his team for TdF will be here. Nevertheless I expect him to be top 5, any higher than that and I'll have doubts for France. :D

Froome should be careful with doing "a Mayo". He needs to save some energy for third week in the Tour.

A good TTT and a win on Mount Blanc should be enough for him to take the overall. No need to perform in all the mountain stages.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
1) CQ
2) So he will be 100% ready for the Tour and in his best shape possible. It makes it that much better when he is then defeated.

I like your thinking. :p

I love the Dauphine. Such a wonderful week.

Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
SeriousSam said:

No. The motorbike awaits with Slongo included in the Dolomites after Dauphine. He is here to check out Froome, his shape in competition, some stages that will also be in Le Tour and the TTT. Apart from Birdsong the core of his team for TdF will be here. Nevertheless I expect him to be top 5, any higher than that and I'll have doubts for France. :D

Meh. There will be riders that hold back this dauphine.

Purito is always holding back during the dauphine and nibali will as well.

TRENDING THREADS