• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Critérium du Dauphiné, stage 2: Le Bourget le lac - VlD

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
rick james said:
Crash at the back

Surprised there wasn't one at the front the way Bouhanni was riding. Trying to fit through non-existant gaps and then veering the whole way across the road in the final 50m.
That was because someone else tried to take his spot on his teammate's wheel. In that case it's only fair that Nacer shoves him away and protects his position.

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Kelderman and Boeckmans among those who crashed. So no sprint for Boeckmans (shame, he is on form) and possibly trouble for Kelderman, although he didn't look too hurt and it was within the last 3k, so no time-losses there.

Netserk said:
DFA123 said:
rick james said:
Crash at the back

Surprised there wasn't one at the front the way Bouhanni was riding. Trying to fit through non-existant gaps and then veering the whole way across the road in the final 50m.
That was because someone else tried to take his spot on his teammate's wheel. In that case it's only fair that Nacer shoves him away and protects his position.

Agreed. It certainly wasn't all his fault, but still a bit surprising that no-one went down.

He certainly needs to work on maintaining his line in a sprint though. Today it didn't really matter because no-one was close enough to him - but it's going to cost him stages / cause crashes in the future.

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I hope for greipel and kittel's sake that the leadouts the other sprinters on their respective teams are getting are nothing like their own leadouts

Pozzato :eek: If I were Modolo I'd be pissed. Oliveira spends the stage pulling at the front ahead of the TTT, Serpa does a monster job bringing the Lampre train back to the front, when they where swallowed by Sky and Astana coming in full genius already inside the last 3k, Costa delivers them perfectly inside the last kilometer, and then Pozzato does a 10 second effort and leaves Modolo to the wolves, who had to content himself with the wheels of MTN. Not saying he would win, Nacer was very fast, but he would have been closer did Pozzato actually give a fly about anyone other than him. Really irritating to see.

Re:

BigMac said:
Pozzato :eek: If I were Modolo I'd be pissed. Oliveira spends the stage pulling at the front ahead of the TTT, Serpa does a monster job bringing the Lampre train back to the front, when they where swallowed by Sky and Astana coming in full genius already inside the last 3k, Costa delivers them perfectly inside the last kilometer, and then Pozzato does a 10 second effort and leaves Modolo to the wolves, who had to content himself with the wheels of MTN. Not saying he would win, Nacer was very fast, but he would have been closer did Pozzato actually give a fly about anyone other than him. Really irritating to see.
To be fair, Pozzato took KOM point on the first climb as the first one from the bunch, so probably he did some pacing work already then. So it is quite an effort if he was still able to do some work also at the end of the stage. Plus Modolo is here without his usual lead-out duo Ferrari-Richeze, so there is no reason for him to be "pissed" if someone else offers sub-optimal lead-out.

Flamin said:
BigMac said:
Flamin said:
BigMac said:
His job was not to deliver Modolo to Eddy Boss' wheel.

Then what was? A 750m lead-out? :eek:

Stay with him behind the MTN guys and then do a lead out.

Big risk when the peloton is all over the road and other trains are coming from behind.
´
Fair enough. But from what I remember they had the left all for them, Pozzato simply moved away from the front after no more than 15 seconds, and Modolo had to come right to Eddy Boss' wheel by himself. He did not give even half of what he could.

TRENDING THREADS