• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Critérium du Dauphiné, stage 2: Le Bourget le lac - VlD

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: 2015 Critérium du Dauphiné, stage 2: Le Bourget le lac -

Wilco Kelderman ‏@W1lcokelderman 1 uur1 uur geleden

***, dat was een vervelende val. Kon Boeckmans niet meer ontwijken. Verwondingen aan me gezicht en pols. Gelukkig niks ernstigs. #Dauphine

it ends with luckily nothing serious.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Re: 2015 Critérium du Dauphiné, stage 2: Le Bourget le lac -

Task_Force said:
Wilco Kelderman ‏@W1lcokelderman 1 uur1 uur geleden

****, dat was een vervelende val. Kon Boeckmans niet meer ontwijken. Verwondingen aan me gezicht en pols. Gelukkig niks ernstigs. #Dauphine

it ends with luckily nothing serious.

Dank je wel, goed nieuws. Good to hear it's not serious.

Re:

BigMac said:
Pozzato :eek: If I were Modolo I'd be pissed. Oliveira spends the stage pulling at the front ahead of the TTT, Serpa does a monster job bringing the Lampre train back to the front, when they where swallowed by Sky and Astana coming in full genius already inside the last 3k, Costa delivers them perfectly inside the last kilometer, and then Pozzato does a 10 second effort and leaves Modolo to the wolves, who had to content himself with the wheels of MTN. Not saying he would win, Nacer was very fast, but he would have been closer did Pozzato actually give a fly about anyone other than him. Really irritating to see.

Wind is going from left to right on the screen. Lampre was just at the wrong side of the pack. Pozzato was catching all the wind.

Re: Re:

BigMac said:
Kwibus said:
BigMac said:
His job was not to deliver Modolo to Eddy Boss' wheel.

Doesn't matter what he did. He would have failed in your "Lampre sucks because imo they don't support Costa well enough" eyes anyways. :)

Unless he did a massive leadout of 800mtr ofcourse.

I don't get it, why bringing up Costa?

Because of you freaking out about Lampre every single race day since Costa signed there maybe?

Kwibus said:
BigMac said:
Kwibus said:
BigMac said:
His job was not to deliver Modolo to Eddy Boss' wheel.

Doesn't matter what he did. He would have failed in your "Lampre sucks because imo they don't support Costa well enough" eyes anyways. :)

Unless he did a massive leadout of 800mtr ofcourse.

I don't get it, why bringing up Costa?

Because of you freaking out about Lampre every single race day since Costa signed there maybe?

But I have been a critic of Lampre's tactics, or lack of it thereof, even before Costa joined the team. I don't get why you're trying to make it about him, when I mentioned Pozzato and Modolo only.

It is also generally accepted that Lampre are tactically clueless, it's not like I am pulling this out of nowhere,

Cheers.

BigMac said:
But I have been a critic of Lampre's tactics, or lack of it thereof, even before Costa joined the team. I don't get why you're trying to make it about him, when I mentioned Pozzato and Modolo only.
It is also generally accepted that Lampre are tactically clueless, it's not like I am pulling this out of nowhere,
Cheers.
1. In Italy very recently, Lampre were not tactically clueless, otherwise they would not have scored 4 wins.
2. Some might get this impression that your post about Pozzato's leadout was in fact your opportunity to praise work of Oliveira and Costa, who were also mentioned (along with Serpa).

So that's why there might have been reactions to your statement...

PeterB said:
BigMac said:
Cheers.
1. In Italy very recently, Lampre were not tactically clueless, otherwise they would not have scored 4 wins.
2. Some might get this impression that your post about Pozzato's leadout was in fact your opportunity to praise work of Oliveira and Costa, who were also mentioned (along with Serpa).

So that's why there might have been reactions to your statement...

1. Exeption to make the rule, right. And how many of those victories really had to do with tactics. I have acknowledged recently that they're better this year, but that still doesn't make up for their usual lack of team work.

2. Well, too bad. Whoever thought that needs to dig less and quit on the cynicism.

TRENDING THREADS