• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 7: Montmélian > Saint-G Mont Blanc 155k

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 2015 Dauphiné, stage 7: Montmélian > Saint-G Mont Blanc

carlton kirby

"Ive always questioned the ethics of Confidis" as Navarro crosses the line

Spends an hour virtually popping a boner over Sky destroying the peleton after being in the grupetto yesterday

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I cant even deal with this

Clipboard_zps1jp2ocnt.jpg

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Nibali didn't save himself in the dauphine last year though so why do it now seeing how it worked out last year? It doesn't make sense, i think he couldn't do any better.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I really hate the way Nibali always try to look cool, even when he is cooked. You could see on Scarponis face that we was riding hard.

Btw, just saw Froomes knee. Did he crash or something?

Re:

Taxus4a said:
Today is that kind of day that when someone says. Porte was 7 th in his firts Giro for a breakaway. And when you say: breakaways has his consecuences and you pay that later, they say: NO.

Today I say: YES.

Froome was clever yesterday following TVG and didnt work...

But TVG is very strong and is still the favourite to get the victory.
That is the lamest argument I've ever read. So Porte was so exhausted for the rest of the Giro because of that single breakaway day? And what about Arroyo? He didn't seem to pay the price later

Re: Re:

irondan said:
Guybrush said:
The Blues said:
Valverde completely cooked again.

Nothing compared with Nibali
Nibs is saving himself for tomorrow. :D

Nibs will probably lose another 3-4 minutes tomorrow. He's not saving himself for tomorrow, he's saving himself for 3 weeks ;)

And I genuinely expect to see TvG up there near the big 4 until the final week when he'll probably just flop due to peaking too soon

Guybrush said:
The Blues said:
Valverde completely cooked again.

Nothing compared with Nibali

I disagree. Valverde looked to be giving it a serious try all the way. Nibali obviously took it easy when he was dropped (just like on Pra-Loup). He is on a schedule, and Slongo does not want him to go above his limit. They still have moto-training to do, mind you. ;)

Scarponi said:
carlton kirby

Spends an hour virtually popping a boner over Sky destroying the peleton after being in the grupetto yesterday

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Kirby is what the mute button was invented for. If ITV are going with Boulting and Millar for the Tour then it's no contest even if I like Kelly. In fact even if it's Phil and Paul ....

Eyeballs Out said:
Scarponi said:
carlton kirby

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Kirby is what the mute button was invented for. If ITV are going with Boulting and Millar for the Tour then it's no contest even if I like Kelly. In fact even if it's Phil and Paul ....
I would rather have my eyes poked out with an ice pick than listen to that dinosaur Phil Ligget. Unfortunately, since I'm in the states I'm screwed....

Re:

Miburo said:
Nibali didn't save himself in the dauphine last year though so why do it now seeing how it worked out last year? It doesn't make sense, i think he couldn't do any better.

and is it really sign of anythink? If he can do better or not does not matter now at all do you think he lost his top form from year to another, maybe it is you wild wish but that is all
do you remember 2012 Dauhpine? He lost hlaf an hour to sky ridersand few weeks later he was had no problems in mountains with them
yesterday he attacked, he did lot of work, tried to won stage, did not work, today was more tired, why to go deep, he is not froome, he will not risk his TDF chances because such a 2nd tier race how dauphine is

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Nibs,no surprise whatsoever, He said yesterday this is not the yellow Jersey he wants. All going to plan like last year.

IMO there was a lot of tired riders out there. I was surprised considering there position that Martin or Talansky did not go for one , I think that is a pointer to how tough yesterday was. Yates and Bardet struggled.
Sky Train as usual zzzzzzzz But a great ride from Froome " egg faced git wizard" He looked much better today and it bolds well for a showdown with TJ tomorrow. I thought TJ rode smart at the end. He was not as strong as previous days and made the smart decision...

Should be good tomorrow and I think we will see some attacking racing and riders going for serious time.
TJ and Froome will need to be on their toes.....

ILovecycling said:
Guybrush said:
ILovecycling said:
Pretty good ride by Costa ;)

IMO Nibali would lose around 10s in top form, so this is no sign of anything.

Costa owns Valls a pint
+1 :)
and Valls owns me 2 pints, as I did bet on him in a wrong stage :D

That said, I even expected Costa to be worse. Statistically, in these 1 week races, by this time of the year, the stages he performs best are the antepenult and last. Hopefull he will be better tomorrow.

Eyeballs Out said:
Scarponi said:
carlton kirby

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

There's two massive deal breakers there.

1) Kirby - often the reason I prefer non English streams for most races. Even a language I can barely understand is better than listening to Kirby hysteria.

2) Millar - sounds like you're listening to a voice from inside the peloton. I'm not Millar's greatest fan in many ways, but very good insight and analysis on commentary and post race. A real coup for ITV I think, who's cycling coverage just gets better with every passing season IMHO.

TRENDING THREADS