• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 7: Montmélian > Saint-G Mont Blanc 155k

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

bassano said:
Miburo said:
Nibali didn't save himself in the dauphine last year though so why do it now seeing how it worked out last year? It doesn't make sense, i think he couldn't do any better.

and is it really sign of anythink? If he can do better or not does not matter now at all do you think he lost his top form from year to another, maybe it is you wild wish but that is all
do you remember 2012 Dauhpine? He lost hlaf an hour to sky ridersand few weeks later he was had no problems in mountains with them
yesterday he attacked, he did lot of work, tried to won stage, did not work, today was more tired, why to go deep, he is not froome, he will not risk his TDF chances because such a 2nd tier race how dauphine is

Made me laugh.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

The Blues said:
Guybrush said:
The Blues said:
Valverde completely cooked again.

Nothing compared with Nibali

I disagree. Valverde looked to be giving it a serious try all the way. Nibali obviously took it easy when he was dropped (just like on Pra-Loup). He is on a schedule, and Slongo does not want him to go above his limit. They still have moto-training to do, mind you. ;)

Valverde also took it easy when he was dropped ;)

Re: 2015 Dauphiné, stage 7: Montmélian > Saint-G Mont Blanc

The only dealbreaker i have with turning down Kirby is that one at the same time turns down Kelly. I really like Kelly: he doesnt speak when necessary, usually always comes up with the correct analysis and ends his rant with a nice voice twist.

A proven cycling hardman this Sean Kelly. After all, he survives hours with Kirby.

No_Balls said:
The only dealbreaker i have with turning down Kirby is that one at the same time turns down Kelly. I really like Kelly: he doesnt speak when necessary, usually always comes up with the correct analysis and ends his rant with a nice voice twist.

A proven cycling hardman this Sean Kelly. After all, he survives hours with Kirby.

'Tis a fair point. I like Kelly too. He is the understated hardman in every sense. As you say, on the bike and, for suffering hour upon hour at Kirby's side even when he clearly thinks that half of what Kirby comes out with is complete bollox from an eejit :D

Really enjoyed watching that, considering the favourite for the yellow jersey kept changing as different people went pop. Froome certainly looks in top shape. Very nice ride by TJ, who just couldn't match that acceleration, but aside from that he kept Froome pegged at more or less the same gap all the way to the finish. Also, good recovery by Costa and I found it quite annoying that Kirby was too busy talking about Yates to bother picking out Costa as he crossed the line.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

bassano said:
Miburo said:
Nibali didn't save himself in the dauphine last year though so why do it now seeing how it worked out last year? It doesn't make sense, i think he couldn't do any better.

and is it really sign of anythink? If he can do better or not does not matter now at all do you think he lost his top form from year to another, maybe it is you wild wish but that is all
do you remember 2012 Dauhpine? He lost hlaf an hour to sky ridersand few weeks later he was had no problems in mountains with them
yesterday he attacked, he did lot of work, tried to won stage, did not work, today was more tired, why to go deep, he is not froome, he will not risk his TDF chances because such a 2nd tier race how dauphine is

Nope not at alll. I actually want every rider to be at its best because then the value of a victory is way higher.

I'm praying quintana, froome, nibali and contador are all in top shape and don't crash.

Re:

del1962 said:
ITV4 commentary is better but the ad breaks are too long

What, and Eurosports aren't!? :eek:

Both as bad as each other in that respect. Not to mention Eurosport's bloody obsession with tennis and skiing and a habit of going for an ad break just when an attack happens.

Now Dutch live streams of classics races are another kettle of fish entirely. Good picture quality and not an advert anywhere to be seen :)

Orbit501 said:
del1962 said:
ITV4 commentary is better but the ad breaks are too long

What, and Eurosports aren't!? :eek:

Both as bad as each other in that respect. Not to mention Eurosport's bloody obsession with tennis and skiing and a habit of going for an ad break just when an attack happens.

Now Dutch live streams of classics races are another kettle of fish entirely. Good picture quality and not an advert anywhere to be seen :)

Honestly they are not as long on Europsport - if they start at the same time Eurosport are allways back quicker

Miburo said:
Nope not at alll. I actually want every rider to be at its best because then the value of a victory is way higher.

I'm praying quintana, froome, nibali and contador are all in top shape and don't crash.

Ofc, noone wants anyone would crash, I was also sad last year that Contador or froome crashed from TDF, even I was happy from Nibali victory, could be more valuable and more interesting to watch if every one of favourites would finish it
but if someone is not in top form, is in most cases only his fault, and I really hope Nibali will show same as last year

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

This is going to be a real test for TJ. I really hope he can step up. It would be nice to see new faces at the top step. I must say I do feel a bit disappointed with Talansky. I really wanted him to step up. Be there at the finish with Froome and TJ. Ryder IMO is still Garmin's top GT rider.
Good thing is that a lot of riders have nothing to lose so we could have and I hope we do another day of chaos.

Scarponi said:
carlton kirby

"Ive always questioned the ethics of Confidis" as Navarro crosses the line

Spends an hour virtually popping a boner over Sky destroying the peleton after being in the grupetto yesterday

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I cant even deal with this

If true, this may have been the first comment that I can remember from everyone's favorite drunk uncle commentator that contained a modicum of insight.

But it was probably accidental and that was the usual case of his mouth running off with no connection to an actual thought process.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

ray j willings said:
This is going to be a real test for TJ. I really hope he can step up. It would be nice to see new faces at the top step. I must say I do feel a bit disappointed with Talansky. I really wanted him to step up. Be there at the finish with Froome and TJ. Ryder IMO is still Garmin's top GT rider.
Good thing is that a lot of riders have nothing to lose so we could have and I hope we do another day of chaos.
Talansky will beat TJ at the Tour, I'm calling it right now. He started the season slower and will be at his best at the Tour.

Good show from Froome and TVG,too bad Yates didn't have it today.Anyway Dauphine is a shitty race these days,nobody wants to win it except these two dumb guys,everybody else is soft pedaling it at least this seems to be the forum conclusion.

TRENDING THREADS