• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 7: Montmélian > Saint-G Mont Blanc 155k

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Orbit501 said:
del1962 said:
ITV4 commentary is better but the ad breaks are too long

What, and Eurosports aren't!? :eek:

Both as bad as each other in that respect. Not to mention Eurosport's bloody obsession with tennis and skiing and a habit of going for an ad break just when an attack happens.

Now Dutch live streams of classics races are another kettle of fish entirely. Good picture quality and not an advert anywhere to be seen :)

No Eurosport ad breaks are nowhere near as long, on a stage earlier in the week both went on an ad break at the same time ( I flick between channels at ad breaks to try not to miss anything) Eurosport were back at least a minute quicker.

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I was impressed at TvG way of dealing with Froome. Quite reminiscent of how Froome dealt with Contador / JRod / Valverde in Vuelta14: just keeping calm and slowly clawing his way back up.

May 27, 2015
Visit site
i do not understand how they ride???????one day they get dropped the next they flying has NIBALI his bluffing he did just tested himself, has FROOM what an idiot he look has a frog on the bike when everyone get dropped he go faster and faster love to know what his heart rate when he goes in the red the way he accelerated this guy his doping even LANCE couldn't go has fast ????anywhere will see how the frog can match QUINTANA? cannot wait i be there at every stage in the mountain and hoping SKY and ASTANA do not do they dirty work when his a crash or a puncture what happen in the GIRO was the most set up from the ITALIAN has the commissionaire did penalized RICHIE how much he did get pay from the ITALIAN some races they do not apply the same rules.

Re:

paris1226 said:
i do not understand how they ride???????one day they get dropped the next they flying has NIBALI his bluffing he did just tested himself, has FROOM what an idiot he look has a frog on the bike when everyone get dropped he go faster and faster love to know what his heart rate when he goes in the red the way he accelerated this guy his doping even LANCE couldn't go has fast ????anywhere will see how the frog can match QUINTANA? cannot wait i be there at every stage in the mountain and hoping SKY and ASTANA do not do they dirty work when his a crash or a puncture what happen in the GIRO was the most set up from the ITALIAN has the commissionaire did penalized RICHIE how much he did get pay from the ITALIAN some races they do not apply the same rules.

This post :'D

You're still not supposed to mention doping here, though.

A frog... :'D Oh man.

:D :D

:'D

Never heard that one. Welcome to the forum.

TJVG is looking good for the Tour. The trouble is the big four have decided the ride the same race. I still think he will struggle to make the podium but he is doing very well. But if Contador does not back up as well as most of his fans expect him to, that opens the door for other riders. I think Contador could podium but I don't see him winning. Quintana might be the key to the race this year. If he is climbing at his best it should be interesting. Rodriguez has seen better days and Talansky gets talked about a lot but rarely delivers but he has had some bad luck in previous races. The Tour should be a mighty race this year just to make the top 10.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

movingtarget said:
TJVG is looking good for the Tour. The trouble is the big four have decided the ride the same race. I still think he will struggle to make the podium but he is doing very well. But if Contador does not back up as well as most of his fans expect him to, that opens the door for other riders. I think Contador could podium but I don't see him winning. Quintana might be the key to the race this year. If he is climbing at his best it should be interesting. Rodriguez has seen better days and Talansky gets talked about a lot but rarely delivers but he has had some bad luck in previous races. The Tour should be a mighty race this year just to make the top 10.

He's really unlucky with the route too. But i guess the TTT might be good for him.

I'm sure he can outclimb piti, i think he'll get 'crushed' by purito though if he's in top shape. And the other big 4 are in a league of their own but tj's advantage is that some of these guys (eg. nibali and AC) don't care about the podium at all in the sense that they are willing to do an all out attack for the sake of winning this race.

So i think he can make the podium if he keeps this shape which is doubtful but not impossible, also first week bad luck.

TRENDING THREADS