2015 Dauphiné, stage 8: Mont Blanc > Modane Valfréjus 156km

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Irondan

Administrator
Moderator
Re: Re:

Inquitus said:
They are and he's not even a Brit. I am a Brit [ London] But I don't have that " desperate for a champion we will take anyone we can get from anyway mentality and then complain about immigration"
We Brits [not me though] are like media hypnotized sheep "they don't even know it" ...puppets of peer pressure in what ever form.
The cycle mates I have hate it when I cheer Bertie or Nibs on and almost explode when I tell them I really enjoyed watching Ricco ride. You would have thought I killed one of the queens swan's .
Only Lance has won more GT's doping than Bertie has, despite the fact I love his panache and style its hard to get away from his long and storied history of doping.
You must have thought you were posting in the clinic, for a couple of reasons... :rolleyes:
 
Re: 2015 Dauphiné, stage 8: Mont Blanc > Modane Valfréjus 15

Lets sum it up:
1.) Froome has an awful riding style (although some of you might disagree)
2.) The classical sky tactic (which means bringing their leader to the last 2 km´s so he can attack there) is incredible boring and destroys racing
Even as a froome fan you have to understand why there are so many people, who don't like him. I don't want to say that it is a fact that you have to hate froome but even the biggest froome fan has to understand why he isn't the most popular rider.
 
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
ray j willings said:
Arredondo said:
Great ride by Froome. However, we will only know in the Pyrenees how good he really is.

Purito on schedule. Good stage. Yates impressive too!
Purito on schedule for what? He looked like a donkey. That attack lasted about 4 yards,,,rubbish
Are you some kind of a troll? His build up is completely different then guys like Froome and TvG.

He will be good. And in the mix for the podium.
I like Purito but here it is.....HE WAS A GREAT RIDER. 2 years ago he would have attacked on a stage like today and no one would get near him. Best days have gone.
 

Irondan

Administrator
Moderator
Re: Re:

DBotero said:
Arredondo said:
ray j willings said:
Arredondo said:
Great ride by Froome. However, we will only know in the Pyrenees how good he really is.

Purito on schedule. Good stage. Yates impressive too!
Purito on schedule for what? He looked like a donkey. That attack lasted about 4 yards,,,rubbish
Are you some kind of a troll? His build up is completely different then guys like Froome and TvG.

He will be good. And in the mix for the podium.
Wait,Arrendondo don't tell me you never heard before of master troll Ray you don't know what you are missing ;)
Agree with Dbotero, that guy is notorious...
 
Re: Re:

del1962 said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
GuyIncognito said:
goggalor said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Now I remember why I don't normally watch races with Froome in them. Not only is he stupendously boring because of his alien-ness and I am left with an unshakable sense of disgust every time I see him show off his superiority, but his technique is so painful to watch, itmakes Escartín look like Herrera, which makes it all the more difficult to deal with seeing.
His extraterrestrialness is even worse when you consider he is probably the least efficient pedaller in the bunch.
If he had an even average pedaling style he'd be the new Merckx.
He's already completely beyond any logical boundaries of belief before you consider that, but when you also take that into account, you either give up on the sport, move to the clinic permanently or just laugh your ass off.

I choose to laugh. It's like an episode of Jerry Springer, just point at it and laugh at the idiocy.
Even worse are the people who believe Stemgazer is walking between the raindrops. That crummy little island must have more denial per capita than any other place on the planet.
Butthurt yank needs his blood pressure checking :D
Not butthurt in any way. I'm not particularly fond of who TJ associates with. This is about the fact that every discussion of Stemgazer should be conducted in The Clinic, and the inability of island dwellers to take the flag off of their faces long enough to see that.

Carry on.
 
Re: Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
jmdirt said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
Regarding the Contador-Froome comparisons, it's one thing to watch American Pharoah winning the Triple Crown and then express some skepticism. It's an entire other thing to watch a former donkey winning the Kentucky Derby.
No matter what system is used, a donkey will never win any race unless its against other donkeys.
Complete and utter nonsense. It's sad that you actually believe that. It appears you aren't familiar with professional cycling.
I'll put it into personal perspective: I was a solid regional dirt pro, a marginal national pro, and not even a blip on the international level. I don't have any illusion that a program could have lead me to world cup victories.

There is zero science to back up the donkey to racehorse rhetoric. Off the back thoroughbred to derby winner...

EDIT: "It appears you aren't familiar with professional cycling." Is code for "if you don't agree with me, you don't know what you are talking about". Understanding physiology is more valuable in this discussion.
 
Re: Re:

ChewbaccaDefense said:
del1962 said:
Butthurt yank needs his blood pressure checking :D
Not butthurt in any way. I'm not particularly fond of who TJ associates with. This is about the fact that every discussion of Stemgazer should be conducted in The Clinic, and the inability of island dwellers to take the flag off of their faces long enough to see that.

Carry on.
Well if you think that don't post about Froome here as you know it is against the rules and while you at it try not to post your zenephobic nonsense like "island dwellers" either
 
Re: 2015 Dauphiné, stage 8: Mont Blanc > Modane Valfréjus 15

Gigs_98 said:
Lets sum it up:
1.) Froome has an awful riding style (although some of you might disagree)
2.) The classical sky tactic (which means bringing their leader to the last 2 km´s so he can attack there) is incredible boring and destroys racing
Even as a froome fan you have to understand why there are so many people, who don't like him. I don't want to say that it is a fact that you have to hate froome but even the biggest froome fan has to understand why he isn't the most popular rider.
Lol i can't stand Contador climbing style,you see me coming here crying about it?
Sky tactic is working only when others are accepting it and no Sky didn't invented the pain train.Froome attacked from various distances during the races,so no that 2 km part is not realistic.
I don't really understand the hating part,there are cyclists i don't like,Contador included,but to hate them wtf :confused:
 
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
Re: Re:

irondan said:
DBotero said:
Arredondo said:
ray j willings said:
Arredondo said:
Great ride by Froome. However, we will only know in the Pyrenees how good he really is.

Purito on schedule. Good stage. Yates impressive too!
Purito on schedule for what? He looked like a donkey. That attack lasted about 4 yards,,,rubbish
Are you some kind of a troll? His build up is completely different then guys like Froome and TvG.

He will be good. And in the mix for the podium.
Wait,Arrendondo don't tell me you never heard before of master troll Ray you don't know what you are missing ;)
Agree with Dbotero, that guy is notorious...
This is my honest opinion
I like Purito but here it is.....HE WAS A GREAT RIDER. 2 years ago he would have attacked on a stage like today and no one would get near him. Best days have gone

Now you don't have to agree with me but that is my view.

You are quite free to tell me how bad Bertie will be and it will not bother me because you are also entitled to your opinion.

Not agreeing with someone does not make them /me a troll. We would all be trolls would we not?

If I am trolling the tell the mods....
 
Re: Re:

ChewbaccaDefense said:
del1962 said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
GuyIncognito said:
goggalor said:
His extraterrestrialness is even worse when you consider he is probably the least efficient pedaller in the bunch.
If he had an even average pedaling style he'd be the new Merckx.
He's already completely beyond any logical boundaries of belief before you consider that, but when you also take that into account, you either give up on the sport, move to the clinic permanently or just laugh your ass off.

I choose to laugh. It's like an episode of Jerry Springer, just point at it and laugh at the idiocy.
Even worse are the people who believe Stemgazer is walking between the raindrops. That crummy little island must have more denial per capita than any other place on the planet.
Butthurt yank needs his blood pressure checking :D
Not butthurt in any way. I'm not particularly fond of who TJ associates with. This is about the fact that every discussion of Stemgazer should be conducted in The Clinic, and the inability of island dwellers to take the flag off of their faces long enough to see that.

Carry on.
So take your crap there, then. And this is coming from someone who never likes to see Froome win.
 
Re:

jaylew said:
Ugh. Can't you guys just watch the races without dropping your semi-veiled (or not veiled at all) clinic references? That's what it's there for. No matter who wins a big race, that rider's detractors just can't help themselves and have to start with the accusations.
We could. But the forum saboteur Walkman have notorious problems with forum rules and keeping his Contador obsession at bay.
 
Re: Re:

No_Balls said:
jaylew said:
Ugh. Can't you guys just watch the races without dropping your semi-veiled (or not veiled at all) clinic references? That's what it's there for. No matter who wins a big race, that rider's detractors just can't help themselves and have to start with the accusations.
We could. But the forum saboteur Walkman have notorious problems with forum rules and keeping his Contador obsession at bay.
Yep he started it all...as Usual :(.
 
Re: 2015 Dauphiné, stage 8: Mont Blanc > Modane Valfréjus 15

DBotero said:
Gigs_98 said:
Lets sum it up:
Lol i can't stand Contador climbing style,you see me coming here crying about it?
Sky tactic is working only when others are accepting it and no Sky didn't invented the pain train.Froome attacked from various distances during the races,so no that 2 km part is not realistic.
I don't really understand the hating part,there are cyclists i don't like,Contador included,but to hate them wtf :confused:
thats because unlike you most forumers are utterly intelligent and noble. :p hate's held in high esteem on here

this been a good piece of racing this week. tj showed world class climbing. looking forward to thetour
 

Irondan

Administrator
Moderator
Re: Re:

ray j willings said:
This is my honest opinion
I like Purito but here it is.....HE WAS A GREAT RIDER. 2 years ago he would have attacked on a stage like today and no one would get near him. Best days have gone

Now you don't have to agree with me but that is my view.

You are quite free to tell me how bad Bertie will be and it will not bother me because you are also entitled to your opinion.

Not agreeing with someone does not make them /me a troll. We would all be trolls would we not?

If I am trolling the tell the mods....
I've seen posts in other threads that name you as one of the biggest trolls in the forum. I could dig them out

for you to see but I suspect this wouldn't be news to you.

You're initial post seemed designed to bait Purito fans, baiting is considered trolling.

You're follow up post seemed like a genuine opinion, not designed to create discontent.
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Re: Re:

DBotero said:
Arredondo said:
ray j willings said:
Arredondo said:
Great ride by Froome. However, we will only know in the Pyrenees how good he really is.

Purito on schedule. Good stage. Yates impressive too!
Purito on schedule for what? He looked like a donkey. That attack lasted about 4 yards,,,rubbish
Are you some kind of a troll? His build up is completely different then guys like Froome and TvG.

He will be good. And in the mix for the podium.
Wait,Arrendondo don't tell me you never heard before of master troll Ray you don't know what you are missing ;)
Of course, ringing a bell now. Perhaps i was too much dwelled into emotion defending Purito :p
 
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
Re: Re:

irondan said:
ray j willings said:
This is my honest opinion
I like Purito but here it is.....HE WAS A GREAT RIDER. 2 years ago he would have attacked on a stage like today and no one would get near him. Best days have gone

Now you don't have to agree with me but that is my view.

You are quite free to tell me how bad Bertie will be and it will not bother me because you are also entitled to your opinion.

Not agreeing with someone does not make them /me a troll. We would all be trolls would we not?

If I am trolling the tell the mods....
I've seen posts in other threads that name you as one of the biggest trolls in the forum. I could dig them out

for you to see but I suspect this wouldn't be news to you.

"Go ahead dig them out" ray j

You're initial post seemed designed to bait Purito fans, baiting is considered trolling.
"That's only because you made an assumption, IMO he looked like a donkey." ray j

You're follow up post seemed like a genuine opinion, not designed to create discontent.
"Thanks but so was my first post". ray j
 

Irondan

Administrator
Moderator
Re: Re:

ray j willings said:
irondan said:
ray j willings said:
This is my honest opinion
I like Purito but here it is.....HE WAS A GREAT RIDER. 2 years ago he would have attacked on a stage like today and no one would get near him. Best days have gone

Now you don't have to agree with me but that is my view.

You are quite free to tell me how bad Bertie will be and it will not bother me because you are also entitled to your opinion.

Not agreeing with someone does not make them /me a troll. We would all be trolls would we not?

If I am trolling the tell the mods....
I've seen posts in other threads that name you as one of the biggest trolls in the forum. I could dig them out

for you to see but I suspect this wouldn't be news to you.

"Go ahead dig them out" ray j

You're initial post seemed designed to bait Purito fans, baiting is considered trolling.
"That's only because you made an assumption, IMO he looked like a donkey." ray j

You're follow up post seemed like a genuine opinion, not designed to create discontent.
"Thanks but so was my first post". ray j
Arguing with you is stupid, so I'm going to play along with this last post and then end my momentary lapse of reasoning.

Here you go troll:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=1711807#p1711807
edit: here's another
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=1696920#p1696920
 
Re: Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
WillemS said:
Well, I think today Poels has secured himself a tour spot.
He looks like a clone of Froome. A lot of looking at stems from Poels today.
I thought the same thing. Looks very similar.
The moment of the day was when Rodriguez accelerated, and Poels rode next to him, still sitting in the saddle and in the steep inner corner... Looking at Purito like 'Is this an accelaration?'...
 
Aug 6, 2011
738
0
0
Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
WillemS said:
Well, I think today Poels has secured himself a tour spot.
He looks like a clone of Froome. A lot of looking at stems from Poels today.
That was what I was thinking.

Arguably, Sky's tactics are boring, but they do seem to work. Just measure the sustainable watts of a rider and have him maximize that during the climb. Know the recuperation of the rider, take that into your planning (I think Poels dropping sooner in earlier stages might be planned for this final weekend.) and have him go all out if the next days are not vital. Poels could give it all at the end, he does not have to conserve himself, just as Froome seemed to refrain from going all out yesterday as he had to do it today as well. Yesterday, I think he sustained his output to finish, today he gave it all from ~250 meters out.

I think that banning the meters would not even have that much of an impact on the tactics, it would just make it a bit more error-prone.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY