• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 8: Mont Blanc > Modane Valfréjus 156km

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
rm7 said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
ofcourse not, intxausti is just giro supercompensation
Kelderman last year was able to hold to Froome/Contador alien acceleration in one of the first mt stages.

every year there is a giro supercompensation guy who does well

Was he? I only seem to remember him catching them when they slowed down. Everybody dropped when Froome/Contador accelerated all the time.

But i see your point, but I just don't think it's relevant to see how a rider like Intxausti do after the Giro, if you want to draw conclusion about Contador. It would be more compareble if it was a stronger GT rider.
Watch again. He did the first accelartion because VdBroeck let a gap, but then Froome put in a 2nd acceleration and Kelderman was the only one following him and Contador until like 250m to go.

The finish yea but what before that? During froome's peyresourde attack of 40 sec he was nowhere to be found. Dropped like a stone. If contador and froome saved themselves for the end he would have been a minute behind.

Re:

Pricey_sky said:
As im sure many of you know I try to be unbiased when commenting on here and applaud many riders not just Sky, but some of these comments are just shocking when Froome wins :rolleyes:

Anyway a Nice win from Froome again, he's certainly on target for July.

So impressed by Simon Yates, I said befote these twins joined Orica they are potential GT winners and they both keep improving. Overall a pretty decent Dauphine.

Indeed depressing thread. I haven't seen it as I'm on holiday and I'm no Froome fan, but all there is so much crap in this thread it's ridiculous.
Froome gets a lot of ridiculous hate.

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Electress said:
Must say, if I were TJ I would not be thanking Nibali tonight.

The best moment of the stage for me, though, was probably the WTF?! look Vvde gave Nibali and that little shake of the head. Absolutely priceless - especially coming from Vvde!

The best by far! :D And Alejandro said something in the process, it looked to me like "hijo de puta"

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, Chris saved his early season with two days of decent riding and 20 seconds of bonus points to squeak by a second-tier GC contender. More impressed with TJ's performance, relatively-speaking.

Re: 2015 Dauphiné, stage 8: Mont Blanc > Modane Valfréjus 15

The last four days racing were some of the best I can remember. Even the TTT (which I'm not a fan of), set things up nicely with Sky's poor performance.

Fantastic taster for the Tour, which I'm already getting a little giddy about

Re:

krismtb said:
Well, Chris saved his early season with two days of decent riding and 20 seconds of bonus points to squeak by a second-tier GC contender. More impressed with TJ's performance, relatively-speaking.

Lol, same as Quintana saved it with one MTF in Tirreno?
Or Valverde with 2 short efforts in classics? Or Contador with ITT in Giro, or Thomas at the end of Harelbeke? ;)

TRENDING THREADS