• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Eneco Tour (2.WT), Aug 10 - 16th

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard__zpsksztfjm8.gif

GC
Clipboard_zpseiwclxiq.gif

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Greg Van Avermaet is really something! He attacked like 20-30 times for Christ sake! That's brainless racing! He should never be leader for any race with that racing style!

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Mr.White said:
Greg Van Avermaet is really something! He attacked like 20-30 times for Christ sake! That's brainless racing! He should never be leader for any race with that racing style!

Perhaps he was just trying to make the race hard so that Gilbert could profit. Only he didn't have the legs so then he went for himself.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Mr.White said:
You should herald him for that, not criticize, he is the true heir of Ludo Dierkxens, only a little better...

Great day in the Ardennes, thanks peloton!

Re: Re:

WillemS said:
SafeBet said:
So Kelderman follows the right move, doesn't waste much energy and gains time on every other contender bar Wellens and people blame his performance? I wonder what you guys think about Astana, BMC and Etixx then.

Well, most users here only look at those things that confirm their held beliefs about teams, riders, &c. even if that means judging similar events dissimilarly for different actors. However, I guess everyone falls pray to a confirmation bias from time to time and we sure find ways to rationalize disconfirmations and cognitive dissonance.

Nice try. :rolleyes:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Mr.White said:
You should herald him for that, not criticize, he is the true heir of Ludo Dierkxens, only a little better...

Great day in the Ardennes, thanks peloton!

My thoughts exactly. Love the guy.
Sure he doesn't ride the smartest races, but I love the fact that he tries it everywhere anytime in lots of different races. Such a classy rider that is always a garantee for entertainment. I hope he never stops racing like he does now.

Van Avermaet is the short priced favourite for today but he has spent a lot of energy this week so seems like one to swerve.
I read that Orica took it easy yesterday in preparation for an effort today so at a gigantic 80/1 I've risked a few quid on Jens Keukeleire.
He has decent results in Roubaix and Flanders so hoping for a decent showing.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

jaylew said:
Nice try. :rolleyes:

Oh, the irony. :rolleyes:

If you can't even see that a lot of opinions on this board are biased by fan favoritism and trendy or personal dislike, then maybe you should give it another try. Maybe you should review yesterday's race to see why Kelderman would favour a relatively uneventful stage progression, instead of instigating a state of all out attacks, precisely the thing he and his weak team feel victim to yesterday.

But, hey, just hate TLJ whatever they do and attack anyone who does not blindly and sheeply follows the ingroup of haters, that's much easier than criticism, even if you provide no arguments, but have to rely on some emoticon and a 'witty', ahum, remark of nice try. Please, try again.

TRENDING THREADS