• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah, August 3 to 9

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

johnymax said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
70kmph said:
Snowbird is epic apparently

The lower slopes are not that hard. But there is a 3 mile stretch that is brutal.

They are coming up on a very steep section in just a bit, once they turn left.

As far as I konow this is not the Snowbird climb or am I wrong?

This is the Guardsman Pass. The original post about Snowbird being epic was made when a graph comparing it to Alpe d'Huez came up on screen.

Cheers.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

johnymax said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
70kmph said:
Snowbird is epic apparently

The lower slopes are not that hard. But there is a 3 mile stretch that is brutal.

They are coming up on a very steep section in just a bit, once they turn left.

As far as I konow this is not the Snowbird climb or am I wrong?
Yes, Snowbird is the final climb, this one is Guardsman’s Pass froom Park city.
Edit: BigMac already explained it.

Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
That storm last night was crazy. We were downtown and watched it come in.

Still a few threatening clouds hanging around.

Hearing thunder here on the benches.

I got caught in it riding home. :( It was horrible.

Today, I was out in Kamas, coming home from a triathlon, and I saw a lone cyclist in a Drapac kit. Way off course, no support vehicles, just riding on the highway by himself at about 1:00 p.m. :confused:

EDIT: It's so cool to see the pros on the roads I ride everyday. If anyone wants to suffer on the bike and they're ever in the area, do the climb to Snowbird.

Snowbird

YR0qB1Q.png

Don't know why they won't go all the way up to Alta though.

5jt4Dk0.png