• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah, August 3 to 9

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
Can please someone explain Woods that you have to attack a leader if you want to win a race and not pulling him up the final climb.
He wants to win the stage. It would be rather surprising if the guy who conceded a minute climbing one day is suddenly capable of dropping the strongest climber the next day.

Re:

johnymax said:
Why doesn't Woods attack? He is just pushing a steady pace. I don't get it.

He likely sees it as futile and is saving himself a podium spot. It's understandable in his case. That and, as Sam said, fancying himself a stage win. He's the fastest there.

Actually Britton is faster but I doubt he will be in contention.

SeriousSam said:
Gigs_98 said:
Can please someone explain Woods that you have to attack a leader if you want to win a race and not pulling him up the final climb.
He wants to win the stage. It would be rather surprising if the guy who conceded a minute climbing one day is suddenly capable of dropping the strongest climber the next day.
Well, with making the pace he will waste a lot of energy too, and I think that after he is almost the only one who worked in this group, he wont win in a sprint.

TRENDING THREADS