• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah, August 3 to 9

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
johnymax said:
Why doesn't Woods attack? He is just pushing a steady pace. I don't get it.

He likely sees it as futile and is saving himself a podium spot. It's understandable in his case. That and, as Sam said, fancying himself a stage win. He's the fastest there.

Yes but he is the only one working (ok Berhane did a couple pulls) and is spending a lot of energy dragging other riders with him. Now there are more then 10 riders together and he is vulnerable to attacks (for a stage win). If he had attacked and isolated a group of 3-4 riders it would have been much easier to control the finale. The overall podium would have been saved, too.

PhiberAwptik said:
Gigs_98 said:
BigMac said:
Gigs_98 said:
Now that the stage gets decided my stream doesnt work anymore :mad:

Yeah, mine froze too. Lol. Norris won, Mikey Woods crashed. 3k rule.
Does the 3k rule count in a mountain stage? I think that doesnt make much sense but okay, good for him. Btw, did schleck loose his podium place?

It's not a MTF so 3k rule in effect.
There is a HC climb 8 kilometers before the finish and the 3k rule ist there so crashes in bunch sprints aren't that dangerous for gc riders, but the rule is still in effect. I don't get this rule :eek:

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
PhiberAwptik said:
Gigs_98 said:
BigMac said:
Gigs_98 said:
Now that the stage gets decided my stream doesnt work anymore :mad:

Yeah, mine froze too. Lol. Norris won, Mikey Woods crashed. 3k rule.
Does the 3k rule count in a mountain stage? I think that doesnt make much sense but okay, good for him. Btw, did schleck loose his podium place?

It's not a MTF so 3k rule in effect.
There is a HC climb 8 kilometers before the finish and the 3k rule ist there so crashes in bunch sprints aren't that dangerous for gc riders, but the rule is still in effect. I don't get this rule :eek:

I think you're right. Final showed Dombrowski, Bookwalter, and Schleck.

Dombro could probably have put at least 30 sec into the rest again today, but somewhat wisely decided not to, altho I think everybody (including myself) wanted to see that. At least that was why i turned the stream on. Looking forward to seeing him in the Vuelta, he is an extremely pure climber of an American.

Anyways, that 19 year old Columbian seems interesting! He should do Avenir, no?

CL_-lNpWwAEqWb4.png

:D

Really really happy for Dombrowski! Hopefully all the bad luck is behind him now and he can shine in Europe :) For now I'm OK if he gets through the Vuelta healthy and with no crashes; it should do wonders for his shape.

I never really cared for US races but Ruben Guerreiro, Joe Dombrowski and Schleck really made me happy again after a miserable Tour and disappointing Volta a Portugal!

TRENDING THREADS