• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Philadelphia Int. Cycling Classic, June 7 1.2/WRWC

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
Bushman said:
Ah, it was Barbero. I was thinking 'who the hell is cuesta?' but I guess the American commentators are not too familiar with Caja Rural.

He is Carlos Barbero Cuesta, some commentators forget or don't know and call the spaniards for the last name.

Yes I know, and that is why I'm saying that the commentators probably didn't know the rider and were just going by their list. It's a bit like calling Contador Alberto Velasco.

Re: Re:

Bushman said:
BigMac said:
Bushman said:
Ah, it was Barbero. I was thinking 'who the hell is cuesta?' but I guess the American commentators are not too familiar with Caja Rural.

He is Carlos Barbero Cuesta, some commentators forget or don't know and call the spaniards for the last name.

Yes I know, and that is why I'm saying that the commentators probably didn't know the rider and were just going by their list. It's a bit like calling Contador Alberto Velasco.

Ah, yes, sorry.

We have forummite trevim who makes fun of that, and calls him Velasco. Or Alberto Velasco.

They still stand out massively on the startlist, because it's not the type of race you expect to see them at. However, they don't have wildcards for the Dauphiné or Suisse, and there's a lull on the Spanish calendar now until mid-July for the start of the Vuelta warmups, so I guess they're looking to capitalize on the strong run they're on and taking quite a few unusual races.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
This race should be able to get back to 1.1 with the fields they have.

Surprised by the Amore & Vita guy, which lede me to their website. They're planning on becoming PCT next year!

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
They still stand out massively on the startlist, because it's not the type of race you expect to see them at. However, they don't have wildcards for the Dauphiné or Suisse, and there's a lull on the Spanish calendar now until mid-July for the start of the Vuelta warmups, so I guess they're looking to capitalize on the strong run they're on and taking quite a few unusual races.

I see that they are doing Beauce next. Pretty cool.

Edit: also pretty decent prize money on offer for a 1.2 race. More money for a win there than a stage win or 3rd on GC in the Dauphine.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately the live online coverage is terrible on this event - video is highly pixelated. Previous streaming on cyclingnews.com was great.

Nice to see the crowds didn't go away after the men finished.

Already a small peloton.

avanti said:
Unfortunately the live online coverage is terrible on this event - video is highly pixelated. Previous streaming on cyclingnews.com was great.

My stream is perfect and nearly HD. Sometimes it gets pixelated and laggy for some reason, try reloading the page.

EhEw2Rw.png

TRENDING THREADS